Windows 10: Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't get input audio to work on my PC. The devices tested works on other computers. The devices checked have been connected thru USB-port or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jarlsson, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Jarlsson Win User

Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home

I can't get input audio to work on my PC.

The devices tested works on other computers. The devices checked have been connected thru USB-port or the port with the mic symbol, the used USB-ports works for other devices such as mouse and keyboard. One of the devices is a conference phone and I can get the output audio thru the device but no input audio.

After running the troubleshooter, it says "Problems found", "Audio enhancement didn't load" and "fixed". The microphone still doesn't work and after restarting the computer the troubleshooter detects the same problem.

I have checked my Device Manager and updated all drivers for "Audio inputs and outputs" as well as "sound, video and game controllers". The issue remains.

I have also checked services. "Windows Audio" and "Windows audio endpoint builder" are both running and set to "automatic".

How should I proceed with troubleshooting the issue?

:)

Jarlsson, Apr 4, 2020

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home

Microphone issue

We suggest that you run the Audio troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshoot in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • On the right pane, select Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

You can also check this thread and follow the troubleshooting steps provided
    by the community members.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home

1. Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting microphone input

2. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  3. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  4. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio input Microphone does not work.: All of my microphones including USB and 3.5 do not work. I can listen to them in "Sound" options in control panel. I updated the audio drivers but that didn't help.By default when i am trying to connect headphones to the 3.5 of my microphone Maono-pm422 i listen to it without...
  5. Audio input Microphone does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Microphone audio input problem

Microphone audio input problem: Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input....
  7. Microphone input playing audio output

Microphone input playing audio output: Windows 10 Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds with microphone My earbud/mic combo is plugged into the only jack on my laptop, a 3.5 mm input/output jack. When I play audio on my computer, with any program, my microphone also plays the audio. I have no speakers...
  8. Audio Input not working for all microphones

Audio Input not working for all microphones: My audio input devices suddenly stopped working today both my headset microphone RealtekR Audio and my microphone array the default one from my Intel computer. I've tried testing my microphone in general and it either doesn't work or picks up very very little sound. I've...
  9. Microphone Input Issue with Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Input Issue with Headphones: [ATTACH] There is just no input after selecting my headphones as the source. It doesn't even show the bar, which it does if I chose my normal pc mic. Tried to troubleshoot, no result....
  10. Windows 10 Home Microphone Issues

Windows 10 Home Microphone Issues: Hello guys, before i made an account here i looked everywhere (at least i think everywhere) for an answer. I'm a game streamer. I own a ASUS ROG FHD 120 Hz i7-7700HQ 3.80 GHz (up to 4 GHz) 64GB DDR4 1TB SATA 7200 RPM + 256GB SSD nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X VR Ready....