Windows 10: Troubleshooting MSOIDSVC.EXE Error that shows up Every 4 Hours in the Event Viewer

Discus and support Troubleshooting MSOIDSVC.EXE Error that shows up Every 4 Hours in the Event Viewer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an Event Viewer Error MSOIDSVC.EXE - Event ID 0 that throws 7 Errors every four hours. [1] Per the description, I would like to find out what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TommyT_AMA, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Troubleshooting MSOIDSVC.EXE Error that shows up Every 4 Hours in the Event Viewer

I have an Event Viewer Error MSOIDSVC.EXE - Event ID 0 that throws 7 Errors every four hours. [1] Per the description, I would like to find out what application this is so that I can either reinstall it or run a fix for it.

I followed the instructions on this Microsoft site, creating a debug file and showing an AppID of 9317BCB6-314B-442F-A5DA-9BC2BEBC271D that I have searched everywhere on my network to track down.

I have ran the following wmic command on all my servers and cannot match up that AppID [2].

Is this a program that is no longer on my System? How can either fix this so that this Error will no longer show up in the Event Viewer.

Thanks for your help!

Thom

[1] The Event Viewer Error

The description for Event ID 0 from source MSOIDSVC.EXE cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

InitializeSvcAPI failed with hr = 0x80048257

[2] wmic command I ran to get AppID's

/node:SERVERNAME product get name, version, vendor, identifyingnumber

:)

TommyT_AMA, Jan 26, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 26, 2021
  3. extr3me Win User
    XP Event viewer shows errors

Hi,

Recently i noticed that windows event viewer shows this error:

"AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to create an illegal memory OpRegion, starting at address 0x0, with a length of 0x1000. This region lies in the Operating system's protected memory address range (0x0 - 0x9f800). This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance."

I start getting this message every 10-15 minutes while playing 3D games like Left 4 dead. My system hangs or restarts from time to time (while idle or is booting). I have tested my pc with prime95, furmark, memtest, other burn-in applications..... No crashes, everything looks stable. Any ideas? Thanks.

extr3me, Jan 26, 2021
  4. spike47 Win User

Troubleshooting MSOIDSVC.EXE Error that shows up Every 4 Hours in the Event Viewer

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Troubleshooting MSOIDSVC.EXE Error that shows up Every 4 Hours in the Event Viewer

1. Troubleshooting MSOIDSVC.EXE Error that shows up Every 4 Hours in the Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting MSOIDSVC EXE

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  4. Disabling Event ID 1074 to show up at event viewer

Disabling Event ID 1074 to show up at event viewer: Hello Guys, Good day, I have been working on something like disabling the 1074. I have already disabled it in the Group policy and even in the registries but the event still shows up in the event viewer. Although the pop up questionnaire is gone. How do I disable the event...
  5. Event Viewer Errors

Event Viewer Errors: Does anyone have a workable solution for Event error 1000 or event error13? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-errors/79c29b4a-e783-4b8b-b552-c46b3e00e2f9
  6. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  7. Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  8. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494
  9. Warning in the Event Viewer every boot up

in Windows 10 Support
    Warning in the Event Viewer every boot up: Since installing Creators Update I get the following warning every time I boot the PC:- Windows Hello for Business provisioning will not be launched. Device is AAD joined ( AADJ or DJ++ ): Not Tested User has logged on with AAD credentials: No Windows Hello for...
  10. Windows Event Viewer troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Event Viewer troubleshooting: I have had a chronic problem with my desktop computer rebooting on shutdown. So I took a look in the event viewer and found a couple of events marked as Errors. Now I am not sure what is causing the reboot loop but I figured I might as well try to just go through the event...