Windows 10: troubleshooting problems regarding different errors

Discus and support troubleshooting problems regarding different errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am not able to troubleshoot some of the errors. Also i am not able to open the command prompt, task manager or windows firewall defender ,etc and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by swetanksrivastava, Jul 29, 2021.

1. troubleshooting problems regarding different errors

I am not able to troubleshoot some of the errors. Also i am not able to open the command prompt, task manager or windows firewall defender ,etc and there is also error showing when trying to update the window. These all problems occurred instantly ,most probably after the auto system update. Battery also started draining faster .please help with any solution if possible.

:)

swetanksrivastava, Jul 29, 2021

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 29, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond troubleshooting problems regarding different errors :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 29, 2021
  4. jimhoyle Win User

troubleshooting problems regarding different errors

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

troubleshooting problems regarding different errors

1. troubleshooting problems regarding different errors - Similar Threads - troubleshooting problems regarding

2. An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...: I'm trying to clean reinstall AMD chipset drivers and I can't open this troubleshooter.Windows was repaired with the freshly-created media USB-drive;Tried DISM and sfc;Tried to scan disk C;Local Group policies are fine;TEMP folder path is fine....
  3. An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...: I'm trying to clean reinstall AMD chipset drivers and I can't open this troubleshooter.Windows was repaired with the freshly-created media USB-drive;Tried DISM and sfc;Tried to scan disk C;Local Group policies are fine;TEMP folder path is fine....
  4. An error occurred while troubleshooting: a problem is preventing the troubleshooter from...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Troubleshoot Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Problem: Okay so every time I attempt to connect my jbl Bluetooth speaker to my laptop, it will connect and immediately shut down my computer. It had been working perfectly fine for the longest time and all of a sudden I’m unable to connect the speaker without my laptop shutting down...
  6. Troubleshoot Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshoot Problem: Okay so every time I attempt to connect my jbl Bluetooth speaker to my laptop, it will connect and immediately shut down my computer. It had been working perfectly fine for the longest time and all of a sudden I’m unable to connect the speaker without my laptop shutting down...
  7. Troubleshooting idle problems with no errors

Troubleshooting idle problems with no errors: I need help troubleshooting my Windows 10 Home PC. I have problems with it only when it idles. The problems are intermittent and hard to troubleshoot. Sometimes it will lock up after being idle for a while. Sometimes it won't lock up but the screen will not power off....
  8. Troubleshoot Problem

Troubleshoot Problem: When I click on Troubleshoot it comes back with an error message reading: "Could not run on 7/9/2020" "Critical Troubleshooter" I have not been able to get beyond this error since July 9. What should I do?...
  9. An error while troubleshooting for sound problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An error while troubleshooting for sound problems: My pc has a sound card, and everytime I plug headphones there's no sound. While troubleshooting, an error "0x800706BE" accurs. Maybe someone had the same problem? submitted by /u/Noahqs_ [link] [comments]...
  10. Error 80004001 / TroubleShoot Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 80004001 / TroubleShoot Problem: So specificaly error 80004001 is just ruined for me because start up repair says *we ran into an error* and the same for go back to previous version and im sure its because of a space problem wirh me not downloading the latest update that came out 2 - 3 days ago and am just...