Windows 10: Troubleshooting services; now can't get to PIN

Discus and support Troubleshooting services; now can't get to PIN in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi (windows 10 issue) I kept getting the cmd.exe ....0000142 error about every minute or do, so I ran MS recommended troubleshooting by disabling non... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Elbarcolutra, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Troubleshooting services; now can't get to PIN

Hi (windows 10 issue)
    I kept getting the cmd.exe ....0000142 error about every minute or do, so I ran MS recommended troubleshooting by disabling non MS services via sysconfig. That didn't fix the problem so I went to MS's next recommended fix which was to start disabling MS services. When I did that and restarted, I get to the picture screen but cannot get to a screen to enter my PIN or do anything. I don't have the error message but also have no functional PC *Sad

:)

Elbarcolutra, Jun 10, 2017
  2. neverds Win User

Cmd.exe ...0000142 error, now cannot get to PIN screen

I used MS troubleshooting to try to get rid of the cmd.exe error above that popped up every 30 seconds. None of the non-MS services were causing the problem, so the next troubleshooting step MS recommends is to turn off MS services to see if that helps.
    I did that and now I can't get past the picture when I log in. I can't put in my PIN. Help!

neverds, Jun 10, 2017
  3. Kids Corner

I setup Kids Corner, and it was working fine, but then I put a password on my phone (pin), and so now the kid can't get into my stuff, but now he also can't get into the kids corner without the same pin. What gives?

McKaySalisbury, Jun 10, 2017
  4. Troubleshooting services; now can't get to PIN

Addendum: when I see the welcome screen with the photo (the one that has the time date in lower left), I can click on the screen and the photo dims and the date and time go away, but there's no box for a PIN. The only things showing on the screen are 3 icons in lower left:. no internet symbol, a icon that controls display, and a shut down or restart button. If I still try to enter a pin nothing happens.

Elbarcolutra, Jun 10, 2017
Thema:

Troubleshooting services; now can't get to PIN

1. Troubleshooting services; now can't get to PIN - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting services can't

2. Why can't I get into BIOS or Troubleshoot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I get into BIOS or Troubleshoot?: I was trying to play Valorant when it said It required Secure Boot to be on, and when I was in BIOS I think I enabled fast boot and disabled Safe Boot? I think I can't remember, Now I can't load into BIOS as my computer starts too fast, and I can't get into troubleshooting...
  3. i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable: i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-troubleshoot-im-getting-a-prompt-saying-the/7eadf362-cf1d-40eb-8af2-c1699c5cd5ba
  4. i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable: i can't troubleshoot, i'm getting a prompt saying the service is unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-troubleshoot-im-getting-a-prompt-saying-the/7eadf362-cf1d-40eb-8af2-c1699c5cd5ba
  5. PIN UNAVAILABLE, CAN'T ACCESS TROUBLESHOOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN UNAVAILABLE, CAN'T ACCESS TROUBLESHOOT: Hello,I'm having some pretty frustrating problems with my Dell. Windows 11 I fired it up and it said it needed to do an update, so I allowed it. After that, I tried logging on but it said PIN unavailable. When I click on 'set up new PIN' all it does is bring up a box that...
  6. PIN UNAVAILABLE, CAN'T ACCESS TROUBLESHOOT

PIN UNAVAILABLE, CAN'T ACCESS TROUBLESHOOT: Hello,I'm having some pretty frustrating problems with my Dell. Windows 11 I fired it up and it said it needed to do an update, so I allowed it. After that, I tried logging on but it said PIN unavailable. When I click on 'set up new PIN' all it does is bring up a box that...
  7. Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop: Hello, I have a lenovo laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account, when I open the laptop I hw e a sign in page with my Microsoft account profile, I removed the Hello PIN earlier today, when I went back to work on the laptop later on, it did not recognise my password on...
  8. Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop: Hello, I have a lenovo laptop that is linked to my Microsoft account, when I open the laptop I hw e a sign in page with my Microsoft account profile, I removed the Hello PIN earlier today, when I went back to work on the laptop later on, it did not recognise my password on...
  9. Password login not recognised, PIN removed and now can't get into laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Audio service can't be fixed after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio service can't be fixed after troubleshooting: I had accidentally change the windows audio log on to local system and it cost me the audio service not functioning. I tried to change back the log on to local service but it wont change as i cant click on apply. I had check my friends laptop on windows audio as the default...