Windows 10: Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS

Discus and support Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I have recently faced some problems trying to start a game from steam Age of Empires 2 DE but the game keeps crahsing on start. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alexandre BOIDRON, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS

Hello everybody,

I have recently faced some problems trying to start a game from steam Age of Empires 2 DE but the game keeps crahsing on start. I tried doing some troubleshooting and some people told me to use the minidump file to know what is the problem. However I don't really know how to read such file even with windbg to help me, the only thing that I see is that it might be related to memory corruption which scares me...

Can anyone please tell me how can I fix my computer to allow me to launch the game?

Here is the MDMP file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok103u8ur1v1izc/AoE2DE_s.mdmp?dl=0

Alexandre

:)

Alexandre BOIDRON, Aug 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 19, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Why does Windows 10 bump me out when playing bdo

Hello Alexandra,

For us to better assist you and provide us with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you installed all the latest available updates for Windows?
    • What is the current version/build of your Windows 10? To check, type
      winver
      on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • May we know what BDO stands for? Does this issue occur on other games?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Cursus Win User

Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS

Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS

1. Troubleshooting why an application does not start with BDOS - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting why application

2. Why does Windows start applications on monitors that are turned off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows start applications on monitors that are turned off?: From this question, there is an answer:> Open Settings > System > Display > select Second Display > uncheck Remember window locations based on monitor connectionUnfortunately, there is no such checkbox for "Remember window locations based on monitor connection".I'm on Windows...
  3. Why does Windows start applications on monitors that are turned off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows start applications on monitors that are turned off?: From this question, there is an answer:> Open Settings > System > Display > select Second Display > uncheck Remember window locations based on monitor connectionUnfortunately, there is no such checkbox for "Remember window locations based on monitor connection".I'm on Windows...
  4. BDOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BDOS: I was using Edge just opening one or two tabs then suddenly there is a BDOS with the FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION stop code. Is there anything to do to fix it, and also my laptop crashed even though I just bought it in September, with a lot of different stop codes...
  5. BDOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BDOS: I was using Edge just opening one or two tabs then suddenly there is a BDOS with the FAST_ERESOURCE_PRECONDITION_VIOLATION stop code. Is there anything to do to fix it, and also my laptop crashed even though I just bought it in September, with a lot of different stop codes...
  6. BDOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Troubleshooting KBs Not Applicable: I am trying to apply a cumulative KBs spanning from November 2019 to this month on Windows 10 1909. The machine is offline so I have to download the KBs onto a disk and then apply them to the machine. Every KB I attempts to apply says not applicable and I have verified they...
  8. Com+ system application service does not start!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Com+ system application service does not start!: Product: HP 15-DA0086NL Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Hello, COM+ system application service does not start? It gives me this error: [img] [img] [img] I ran sfc without errors ..ThankYou 155820
  9. BDOS Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BDOS Help: Blue screen several times in an hour here is my dump file https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bJ3aUonJTp8ulXitIaNU7xLNti-6S7UP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bdos-help/cb693a10-7978-42f0-8f50-c87c136d90a2
  10. Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?

in Cortana
    Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?: | | | +___ Hi, Members of the "Microsoft Answers" Community. | +___ We would like first to thank all of the Teams of Moderators of this Web-Site for enabling us to post again on it. Although Profiles Merging is not possible yet on it, we are Quite Proud that we are again able...