Windows 10: Troubleshooting Window 10 install "Couldn't verify the product key."

Discus and support Troubleshooting Window 10 install "Couldn't verify the product key." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive crashed and I replaced it with an ssd drive. I bought a Windows 10 disc and loaded it to a usb drive to install it. But when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MandyGentry, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Troubleshooting Window 10 install "Couldn't verify the product key."

My hard drive crashed and I replaced it with an ssd drive. I bought a Windows 10 disc and loaded it to a usb drive to install it. But when I tried to install it the product key says "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media". Is there a way to activate the product key from another computer before installation?

:)

MandyGentry, Nov 2, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Troubleshooting Window 10 install "Couldn't verify the product key."

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting Window 10 install "Couldn't verify the product key."

1. Troubleshooting Window 10 install "Couldn't verify the product key." - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting Window install

2. Getting error "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting error "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media"...: I am trying to install windows 11 on a brand new laptop using the media creation tool to install windows onto a USB drive and boot from there. The USB is also brand new and the key was purched today directly from microsoft. The laptop detects the drive and tried to install...
  3. Getting error "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media"...: I am trying to install windows 11 on a brand new laptop using the media creation tool to install windows onto a USB drive and boot from there. The USB is also brand new and the key was purched today directly from microsoft. The laptop detects the drive and tried to install...
  4. We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media.: I have bought 4 win 10 pro retail keys locally, I've used one to activate my main computer successfully without any problem. Now after two months I decided to fix my secondary laptop just in case. My computer's windows was activated by a KMS I decided to do fresh install of...
  5. We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media.: I have bought 4 win 10 pro retail keys locally, I've used one to activate my main computer successfully without any problem. Now after two months I decided to fix my secondary laptop just in case. My computer's windows was activated by a KMS I decided to do fresh install of...
  6. We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media.

7. Windows 11 Pro - New PC - couldn't verify the product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro - New PC - couldn't verify the product key: I'm building a new computer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900, 64GB RAM & 1 TB m.2 SSD. I purchased a Windows 11 Pro key from a valid reseller and downloaded from Microsoft the media creation tool to create a bootable USB. This seems to work until the install asks for the activation key;...
  8. Windows 11 Pro - New PC - couldn't verify the product key

Windows 11 Pro - New PC - couldn't verify the product key: I'm building a new computer, AMD Ryzen 9 7900, 64GB RAM & 1 TB m.2 SSD. I purchased a Windows 11 Pro key from a valid reseller and downloaded from Microsoft the media creation tool to create a bootable USB. This seems to work until the install asks for the activation key;...
  9. "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media." Error occurring...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We couldn't verify the product key. Please check your installation media." Error occurring...: Hello, I have created a bootable USB drive for Windows using the Windows Media Creation Tool (ISO download) + writing the ISO to the USB drive using Rufus. I'm trying to install Windows on a brand new SSD that I have, and then wipe my HDD that currently has Windows on it....
  10. How to verify Product Keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to verify Product Keys: Hello, we have received a batch of product keys for Win 10 Pro and Office but suspect they are bootlegged. Is there any online methiod to verify the key as fake or otherwise? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 couldn t verify product key