Windows 10: Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme

Discus and support Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I noticed the troubleshooting program and probably some other things has the text of the upper bar where close icon is black, even if I have a dark... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexLaredo, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme

I noticed the troubleshooting program and probably some other things has the text of the upper bar where close icon is black, even if I have a dark color as my Windows theme. I'm just making a suggestion to fix this on the next update. It's not a huge issue, but just to make Windows better. This problem only happens in desktop apps classic windows 7.

:)

AlexLaredo, Dec 19, 2020
  2. microsvc Win User

W10, Windows Explorer text color

Something has changed my test color in the dark theme while viewing Windows Explorer.

The background is dark-gray, but the text is all BLACK, making it very difficult to read.

What can I do to fix this text color in the dark theme?

Is there a registry setting for Windows Explorer text color?

Thanks! ~Bob

microsvc, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Cannot customize colors in windows 10 and bad update setting.

As regards window header text color: that's actually specified in the theme file that you're using. The 'colorize the title bar' step that people have been using uses a theme with the text color set to black. Thus while it looks bad, that's by design:
    you're using that theme in a fashion which looks bad for it. Using a theme with a light text color would be a better starting point for a dark theme.

As regards the other aspects: yes, the team is aware of the feedback here. I'll +1 the feedback via the Insider program. Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme :)

zachd [MSFT], Dec 19, 2020
  4. Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme

The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black in Windows 10

<Original Title: Color of text in taskbar>

I've recently upgraded system to Windows 10 and I've found one problem: The possible colors of taskbar are in majority quite dark and text in taskbar is black (so it's difficult to read it). I've tried changing of desktop background and taskbar colors but
    the text remains black.

In my second computer with Win 10 the text is white but I also haven't found out how to change it.

Is there any option to manually or automatically change color of text in task bar?

Betelgeuze, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme

1. Troubleshooting windows upper bar text still shows black with dark color theme - Similar Threads - Troubleshooting upper bar

2. Windows 11 Dark themes are still showing black text/icons in certain areas

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dark themes are still showing black text/icons in certain areas: I'm having issues choose dark themes and the ability to fully customize my text colors. I have chosen light colors but while using browsers or in certain areas of my PC, I am still seeing black text used. I'm not sure how to adjust it without just returning to a light theme....
  3. Windows 11 Dark themes are still showing black text/icons in certain areas

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dark themes are still showing black text/icons in certain areas: I'm having issues choose dark themes and the ability to fully customize my text colors. I have chosen light colors but while using browsers or in certain areas of my PC, I am still seeing black text used. I'm not sure how to adjust it without just returning to a light theme....
  4. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching...
  5. Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 black text with Dark Theme: Hello,I'm running Windows 11 Home, latest version 2200.258 and when I try using any of the dark themes the text is black when viewing the contents of my hard drives. I've seen other posts where people have complained about the same thing and I followed the advice. Switching...
  6. Dark theme off but still few windows showing dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark theme off but still few windows showing dark theme: Dear team, I have dark theme off on my win 10 machine, but still few windows/application pages ahwoing black. I tried everything I could but its not fping away. This happened, if I am right after I installed vs2019 community version. Are there any tips to resolve this...
  7. Dark Theme still slightly grey?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Theme still slightly grey?: Any one has any ideas on how I can apply a theme that has a black taskbar instead of the dark grey one that comes with Windows 10 dark theme? Sort of like the 'terminal' theme in gmail? Thanks! submitted by /u/mudrawker [link] [comments]...
  8. How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel

How to change windows 10 "Dark Theme" Black color to Dark Gray? Immersive Control Panel: I have been avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 for years. I have become very comfortable with my ability to customize Windows 7 just how i need. Recently my main machine took a turn for the worst. I purchased a new one with windows 10 installed and thought i should finally...
  9. Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?

Adjust windows "Black" color used in the dark theme?: So as we all know now windows has officially launched the dark theme. I have enabled this in my settings. That being said the "Black" color is overwhelming and would suite me much better if i could force it to be a dark gray. How do you customize the window color for dark...
  10. Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10

Text color has changed to black after enabling dark theme in Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this issue? The text color of file names in my File Explorer has changed to black after enabling dark mode. It is really hard to read black letters in black background. [ATTACH]...