Windows 10: Troublesome drivers causeing latency issues

Discus and support Troublesome drivers causeing latency issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have built a new PC with AMD's new Ryzen CPU, I 've been plagued with hangups since the install of the OS. I have used latency mon and discovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by metalglasses, May 21, 2017.

1. Troublesome drivers causeing latency issues

I have built a new PC with AMD's new Ryzen CPU, I 've been plagued with hangups since the install of the OS. I have used latency mon and discovered that I have a bunch of drivers that are causing massive hang ups during operation. Here are a list of the culprits:

ndis.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe
    storport.sys
    dxgkrnl.sys
    afd.sys
    stornvme.sys
    tcpip.sys
    nvlddmkm.sys
    dxgmms2.sys
    Wdf01000.sys
    CLASSPNP.SYS

I am not the biggest fan of dealing with driver issues. If anyone had dealt with these and possibly have a solution, please reply.

Also, a quick spec of the rig:
    CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 1700X

Motherboard:MSI X370 xpower gaming titanium

Memory:G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)

Graphics Card(s):NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

:)

metalglasses, May 21, 2017

2. Windows 10 issue: Video stuttering especially bad on YouTube. Any solutions?

I found that the way to fix this was to find the cause of the latency issue. In my case, my wireless adapter was either 1) outdated(not impossible) or 2) the driver was outdated(according to windows it wasn't). A tool I use to help troubleshoot latency
    issues is http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

JamesBeland, May 21, 2017
  3. Surface 3 Pro loses keystrokes

Did I write that everything works?? I don't think so...

The type cover still has issues (see abobe) which are (most probably) related to high DPC latency which is a driver issue caused by Microsoft. As mentioned, DPC latency is partially up to 3ms which is too much by far and causes issues like the 'lost keystrokes'.
    The problem started with a recent Windows update!

Can we expect a driver update?

How is MS going to fix the problem?

Keiner_Einer, May 21, 2017
  4. Troublesome drivers causeing latency issues

Here is the .txt file of the latmon.

metalglasses, May 22, 2017
  5. Sooperman Win User
    I am also having this problem and have been for a while. Any help or suggestions would be great as I cant seem to find a solution anywhere.

Please see my LatencyMon report too....

Regards

Sooperman, May 23, 2017
  6. EdTittel Win User
    The Windows Update MiniTool does a good job of scanning for drivers on my 8 PCs. You might want to turn it loose on your PC and see what it has to say about your driver situation. It's absolutely free and does as good a job (or better) than either DriverAgent or Driver Update (the two for-a-fee driver update packages I know best).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: the download is from MajorGeeks.com, a reliable and trustworthy source of software downloads. I'ver written several articles on this package including WUMT is a viable Windows Update alternative | Computerworld (ComputerWorld), WUMT Does Updates When WU Can't or Won't - Windows Enterprise Desktop (TechTarget), among others.

EdTittel, May 23, 2017
  7. Hey, thanks for the tool, definitely keeping this, but it didn't fix my problem.

Drivers_5-24.txt

metalglasses, May 24, 2017
  8. Sooperman Win User

Troublesome drivers causeing latency issues

Hi yes thanks, everything is up to date according to any programme i download.

Just specifically need to stop tcpip.sys and ndis.sys causing sound desyncs..its super frustrating!

Sooperman, May 24, 2017
  9. BTW, how do you get it to scan for drivers? It seems to only scan for updates.

(Edit) This is after I I installed latest drivers for nvidia and asus pce-n15 card.
    Drivers_5-24.1.txt

10. metalglasses, May 24, 2017
  11. EdTittel Win User
    To get WUMT to scan for drivers, it is only necessary to check the checkbox that reads "Include drivers" as shown here:

Troublesome drivers causeing latency issues [​IMG]

HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 24, 2017
  12. I just did that, nothing.

You think the ryzen may have something to do with it?

13. Sooperman Win User

Hi

Thanks for your suggestions....still nothing updating drivers of any sort seems to have done nothing.

Still looking for solutions.....someone must know something?

Cheers

Sooperman, May 24, 2017
  14. Is there any other threads that are talking about the same issue or solved? I would hope it involves the AMD Ryzen.

(Edit) I forgot that if I put the ram in slot one, I get a 0E led error. It works fine in slot 2, I have not tried to put in slot 3 and 4. I did memtest on it a while back, it passed, no errors 5 hours.

metalglasses, May 26, 2017
  15. Update: I have noticed that only ram slots 2 and four work, 1 and 3 get stuck on 0e. Is it possible that my mobo could be causing my frustrations with win10?

metalglasses, May 29, 2017
Thema:

1. Troublesome drivers causeing latency issues - Similar Threads - Troublesome drivers causeing

2. High Latency on Wdf01000.sys driver causing Real Time Audio Playback issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Latency on Wdf01000.sys driver causing Real Time Audio Playback issues: HiI have ran Latency Mon as I am getting issues when using using my Traktor Kontrol s3 DJ controller causing real time audio play back issues and the above driver is reporting Highest execution of over 5.83 which appears to be causing the audio issues - have you any advice on...
  3. High Latency on Wdf01000.sys driver causing Real Time Audio Playback issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Latency on Wdf01000.sys driver causing Real Time Audio Playback issues: HiI have ran Latency Mon as I am getting issues when using using my Traktor Kontrol s3 DJ controller causing real time audio play back issues and the above driver is reporting Highest execution of over 5.83 which appears to be causing the audio issues - have you any advice on...
  4. Extreme DPC Latency issues with unknown cause.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Extreme DPC Latency issues with unknown cause.: Hi all.About a month ago, I started having DPC latency issues. It has made this past week absolute hell.I've explored several different forums, troubleshooted every imaginable cause I can think of, and have had my workflow heavily impeded by this issue as it renders Blender...
  5. DPC Latency issues caused by dxgkrnl.sys on 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Latency issues caused by dxgkrnl.sys on 20H2: Hi all, I've recently been having DPC latency issues that I believe are being caused by dxgkrnl.sys. At this rate I have absolutely zero clue what could be causing it, I've followed through with multiple forums, and every single person I've seen that's had this issue has had...
  6. Latency issue caused by dxgkrnl.sys in Windows 10 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latency issue caused by dxgkrnl.sys in Windows 10 2021: I've tried every solution that was in an older thread and I've got pops and crackles in Cubase. The problem mysteriously appeared about a month ago and despite trying every solution NVIDIA 3D settings, uninstalling every Intel, Realtek & Killer WiFi App, stopping all...
  7. Issue with 100% disk usage, causing system latency

Issue with 100% disk usage, causing system latency: For no reason, disk usage is always higher and causing delay in start of application and slow performance. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-100-disk-usage-causing-system-latency/ab4de09f-06ea-4eb0-a7c6-528c0c6f573e
  8. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  9. DPC Latency Issues? APCI Driver for NT

DPC Latency Issues? APCI Driver for NT: Hello, I'm working on trouble shooting an audio interface on my laptop. .OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer HP System Model OMEN by HP Laptop...
  10. DPC Latency Caused by Many drivers.

DPC Latency Caused by Many drivers.: This is a very frustrating issue, and ive tried looking everywhere for fixes but cant find any. Here is some information below and i would appreciate any help. It causes many audio issues and can virtually not listen to any sort of audio. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...