Windows 10: True or false information

Discus and support True or false information in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; why would I get an email from Microsoft asking me to reset my password. How do I know if it's a scam or not, as I get dodgy phone calls from unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maggie.stuff, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Maggie.stuff Win User

True or false information

why would I get an email from Microsoft asking me to reset my password. How do I know if it's a scam or not, as I get dodgy phone calls from unknown numbers telling me I have a problem.

:)

Maggie.stuff, Oct 20, 2018
  2. HellasVagabond Win User

CRYSIS Demo....True Or False ?

3 Days now what seems to be a Demo of CRYSIS has emerged on the internet....
    True Or False ? I cant say since half of the people that have dl it say its true, and half arent able to Dl it at all so to them its false...
    So far the torrent still exists but all the relative discussions have been deleted by forum Admins......All that over a false demo.........? Even if it was true i didnt know that Demos are illegal *Wink True or false information ;)
    Im still dl it so if its true ill share it *Smile True or false information :)

HellasVagabond, Oct 20, 2018
  3. zamfiro Win User
    Is that True or False ?

I recieved a message from e-mail told me that the nokia can Detect Radar on the road

Nokia Speed Trap Detector

The settings for radar speed traps detector.

Your Nokia cell phone can be programmed to pick

up radar speed traps, when programmed your cell

phone picks up the radar and alerts you on the

message alert tone. ( Doesn't work with Nokia

7110! )

1. Enter your menu

2. Select settings

3. Select security settings

4. Select closed user group

5. Select on

6. Enter 00000

7. Press ok

8. Clear back to normal, within a few seconds

your phone will display a radar sign with five

zero's next to it. It is now activated.

Unfortunately only Nokia phones have this

function. Cell info display needs to be de-

activated. Settings -> Phone Settings -> Cell

Info display

Each time you turn off your phone, or even each

time you loose contact with your carrier, you'll

have to activate it again... It is done by steps

1 through 5, but the number (00000) will be

already on the field as default.

Is that True or False ?

zamfiro, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

True/false????????

false. unless its not plugged in at the time.

Mussels, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

1. True or false information - Similar Threads - True false information

2. False Name Change?

in Windows 10 Customization
    False Name Change?: I have recently been trying to change all my usernames to one set IGN so friends cannot get confused. When I had gone to change my XBox username, it had already said that I had used my name change. I have no recollection of changing my username nor having to change it at the...
  3. Possible False Positive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible False Positive?: Hello! I've been trying to figure this out all day; on my desktop earlier today, Windows defender flagged a file associated with the Immersive Control Panel - 'Control Panel a.k.a. ControlPanel.settingcontent-ms' - as 'Trojan:O97M/DPlink.A' in my user files and in the...
  4. Webpage True

in Browsers and Email
    Webpage True: Lately I have occasionally had a box appear in the centre of the screen when I attempt to change screen in internet explorer. The box says " message from Webpage True Do you want to leave this page or stay on this page". Has anyone else had this and is there a way to get rid...
  5. True Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    True Play: Noticed this in my settings, I dont remember it being there before installed the Insider Preview. Anyone know about this? [img] 90163
  6. False Boot Drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    False Boot Drive?: I have two disks listed as boot devices when my computer boots up, however I want to skip selecting the disk and boot directly to my SSD (Disk 1) instead. The other drive listed(Disk 3) just goes to a blank screen when selected. In This PC the icon for Disk 3 is faded....
  7. What does: True /False mean when removing apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does: True /False mean when removing apps?: This is what i usually see (screenshot) or i just get the True/False that keeps going down the page with no end in sight . Thanks 20953
  8. False AMD Presence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    False AMD Presence: How on earth do I get rid of this, it must be in the registry???? Quite a long time ago now, I uninstalled AMD Radeon and installed GeForce FX 1060 software and drivers when it first appeared on the shelf. But this has always stayed and I keep getting notifications for new...
  9. False negative or false positive ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    False negative or false positive ?: Win 10 Home 10586.164 Did a Sfc /scannow. Result : found corrupted files but unable to repair some of them. Did a dism..../restorehealth. Result : Restore operation successful. Did a sfc /scannow right after dism. Result : found corrupted files but unable to...
  10. Is this true??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is this true??: I have just read this article out of curiosity and am shocked at what is being stated in point 1 is this true or not?? Windows 10: Ten big things to watch for in 2016 - TechRepublic 35600