Windows 10: Truly random screen savers

Discus and support Truly random screen savers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use the Firehand Ember screen saver (company no longer exists sadly as it still my favourite photo viewer so I can't ask them) and it draw images... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Sigurd Win User

Truly random screen savers

I use the Firehand Ember screen saver (company no longer exists sadly as it still my favourite photo viewer so I can't ask them) and it draw images from my database of photos - thousands of them! It means that we occasionally get treated to slide shows of photos we haven't looked at for years.

The problem however is that the selection is not truly random. It seems to have a preference for certain photos or groups of photos, so the random function is not truly random.

Is there a better screen saver or alternatively a way of ensuring it is random.

:)

Sigurd, Dec 4, 2018

2. Shuffle Screen Saver pictures

I have my Windows 10 screen saver set to display random photos, which it does, but always starts from the first few folders, i.e. those beginning with A-C, so I always end up seeing the same photos every time the screen saver comes on. This wasn't the case
    with the previous version of Windows I used, which did seem to display photos in truly random order. Any suggestions or is this just a feature of Windows 10?

Original title: Photo Screen Saver

SteveW1970, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Screen saver slideshow for Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open Screen Saver Settings by clicking on the start button and entering
      Screen saver in the search box.
    • Under Screen saver, tap or click
      Photos
    • To change one or more of the screen saver settings, tap or click
      Settings
      , and then do one or more of the following:
    • To change the speed of the slide show, tap or click the list next to
      Slide show speed
      (it will give three options Slow, Medium and Fast) select accordingly.
    • If you want the photos to appear in a random order, select the
      Shuffle pictures
      check box.
    • Tap or click Save to save the setting changes you made. Then tap or click
      OK in the Screen Saver Settings
      dialog box.

For additional information refer to the link below:

How to use screen savers

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/using-screen-savers

Hope this information helps!

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Truly random screen savers

screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Truly random screen savers

1. Truly random screen savers - Similar Threads - Truly random screen

2. screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  3. Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Saver Randomly Turning OFF: I'm having this issue of my screen saver randomly turning off and I see that it's a problem that's been around for quite some time now. Is there any new information or workarounds on this issue? Are there any edits of the registry that can be done to keep the screen saver...
  4. Screen saver

Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  5. Photo screen saver's shuff lacks of randomness

Photo screen saver's shuff lacks of randomness: How do I improve the "randomness" for shuffling pictures when Photo is chosen as the screensaver? It always start at the same photo and then I saw certain photos quite frequently than others......
  6. Screen Saver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen Saver: Hello, Please I use two monitors, how do I make my screen saver pictures display on both monitors instead of just one? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/37f95b40-934c-4c9d-833c-09e187d32f33
  7. Screen Saver Stops Working Randomly

Screen Saver Stops Working Randomly: I use the pictures screen saver for my Windows 10 machine, and on a random basis, I come back to the machine and see the message: an error prevented the slideshow from playing And it's kind of annoying to find. The screensaver is set to use a folder with images resized to...
  8. Is Solitaire truly random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Solitaire truly random: I have been playing Solitaire at Grandmaster level for FIVE days, and many, many hours a day, and it has become apparent to me that this game is not truly random. There is NO way statistically that I have not won this game in this amount of time. I have therefore reached the...
  9. Truly random screen savers

Truly random screen savers: I use the Firehand Ember screen saver (company no longer exists sadly as it still my favourite photo viewer so I can't ask them) and it draw images from my database of photos - thousands of them! It means that we occasionally get treated to slide shows of photos we haven't...
  10. No screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No screen saver: I upgraded to Win10 Home yesterday and I cannot get the screensaver to do anything. It never starts no matter which one I use or what time I set it for. 13068