Windows 10: Trusted Installer files Trying to delete

Discus and support Trusted Installer files Trying to delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my program files took up a lot of space on my 112gb SSD so i decided i wanted to move them to my 1tb hdd and me being quite nieve thought hey lets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jordancj_0702, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Trusted Installer files Trying to delete

So my program files took up a lot of space on my 112gb SSD so i decided i wanted to move them to my 1tb hdd and me being quite nieve thought hey lets just drag and drop it obviously that didnt work so i turned to google. I found a couple of articles and one in particular woked for me i used CMD to Robotransfer from my C: drive to my E: Drive then i changed the registary from C: to E: then i thought sweet lets just delete my old program files file. I got errors a lot of them so i googled it once again and found out i just go into properties and change the owner from trustedinstaller to me anyway i do that and i get an access denied so i am stuck at the point where i try to change the owner to myself but it just says access denied

:)

jordancj_0702, Feb 18, 2019

2. Trusted Installer

Hi Diane ,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing issues when you are trying to delete files.

Trusted installer's main function is to enable installation, removal and modification of Windows Updates and optional system components.

For this issue, I suggest that you try to change the ownership of the file that you are not able to delete and check if the issue persist.

Please login to administrator account before performing the below steps.

Follow the steps mentioned below to change the ownership of the file or folder:

• Press and hold the folder that you want to take ownership of, then tap
      Properties
      . (If you are using a mouse, right-click the folder, and then click
      Properties.)
    • Tap or click the Security tab, tap or click Advanced, then tap or click
      Change. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Type the name of the person that you want to give ownership to, and then click
      Check Names.
    • Note: the account name for the person that you are assigning ownership to is displayed.
    • Click OK.
    • If you want this person to be the owner of the files and subfolders that are contained in this folder, select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.
    After trying all the above steps I would suggest you to try deleting the specific file which you weren’t able to delete.

Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Trusted Installer files Trying to delete ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Trusted Installer files Trying to delete

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Trusted Installer files Trying to delete

1. Trusted Installer files Trying to delete - Similar Threads - Trusted Installer files

2. Help deleting files and removing system and trusted installer permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help deleting files and removing system and trusted installer permissions: So I installed Mozilla Fire Fox for a bit and I didn't quite like it. I uninstalled and still have some mozilla.browser files and firefox.browser files on my computer. Whenever I try to delete them, I get blocked by SYSTEM, or TrustedInstaller. Help would be appreciated to...
  3. Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer"

Trying to remove a file protected by "trusted installer": So every single tutorial tells you to change ownership of the file you're trying to delete going through properties. And for Windows 10 they say click on the change button next to the name TrustedInstaller. 2 years ago this would have worked, it would have opened a small...
  4. Trusted installer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted installer.: I have been dealing with a nasty Trojan for some time. After a clean install I don't connect to the internet. The owner is trusted installer. So I attempt to take over along the way there are files like page.sys or swap file dump stack log etc certain folders that I still...
  5. I Deleted Trusted Installer

I Deleted Trusted Installer: i deleted a trustedistaller folder that i thought was a virus, will something happen the my pc? [Original Title: trustedistaller] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-deleted-trusted-installer/8cdce48b-197c-439c-9c4c-f883b80f1d3b
  6. DELETE TRUSTED INSTALLER/ALL ACCESS TO ME

DELETE TRUSTED INSTALLER/ALL ACCESS TO ME: I want to be able to modify Windows as I see fit. Apparently you cannot change permissions to yourself from trusted installer per web instructions. How dare we get rid of the garbage known as cortana, or delete all of the files that MAKE you accept advertizements. Even if...
  7. Trusted Installer

Trusted Installer: Is there a mode or a thing i can do that will make it so i can bypass trusted installer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusted-installer/7f5e0f8a-845d-4e63-bcf1-45414f4abe2e"
  8. Delete Trusted Device

Delete Trusted Device: How do I delete a trusted device? My laptop had some stolen info from a virus. The hard drive was erased because of that virus. I need to delete from one drive also....
  9. Trusted Installer

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Installer: Have successfully updated all iterations for W10 up to the present 10166. When first started after this install the computer froze when trying to open Edge and also on a couple of other Apps. I did a scannow and a dism, both showing faults, and of course reported it....
  10. trusted installer

in Windows 10 Support
    trusted installer: trusted installer will not let me delete internet explorer I want to delete it because it apparently has conduit infecting it winpatrol and Malwarebytes find it and take it out but it is still there apparently reinstalling itself 34685

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to delete files trusted installer

2. trusted installer 2019 delete file

3. trying to delete internet exployer trustedinstaller