Windows 10: Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion

Discus and support Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, needed help from my friends windows problem. what i found out his issues on windows keep restart after windows update at 30% because before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeonYeang, Mar 15, 2019.

1. DeonYeang Win User

Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion

Hi all,

needed help from my friends windows problem.

what i found out his issues on windows keep restart after windows update at 30% because before restart pc he had uninstall the IE or defender.

so i took out his nvme and install to my PC reason being i cant access to safemode.

first i was knowing the nvme of his were brand new and no bad sector and all.

when i try to delete files it show warning massage regards i cannot move or delete and i guess i also cannot reformat windows too due trustedinstaller problem.

using disk management to format or remove or convert to dynamic disk it shows warning the I/O failing massage.

try many method of convert mgr to GPT still not working,

CMD method : some times it show i success format or able to delete partition and all. i reopen disk management. the files and still remain the same.

i follow a few step using the third party app like takeowner still not working.

i had follow below step:

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-restore-the-trustedinstaller-ownership-in-windows-10/

but at this step 4 The Select User or Group window will appear.Type here "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" as the new owner name:

saw many onlines using different user and group (i had confuse on this part if i am not using NT Service\TrustedInstaller i unable to proceed next step )

once i done this i finally able to copy windows folders for testing but i cant delete.

is there any simple way i able to FORMAT whole thing instead go though all these.

thank you~~~

:)

DeonYeang, Mar 15, 2019
  2. BunnyJ Win User

How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

Keep in mind,, I would not even think of doing what you might want to do..
    But if you must
    Windows 7 - How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

And don't blame me if you mess anything up.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Hi Sakso,

This Windows apps permission could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated Windows component,
    we suggest that you follow the instructions below to restore or reset the default permission for your folder or file:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Browse to the system file you previously changed ownership.
    • Right-click the file, and select Properties.
    • Click on the Security tab.
    • Click the Advanced button.
    • On the "Advanced Security Settings" page, click the Change link on Owner.
    • On the "Select User or Group" page, type the following to add the TrustedInstaller account and click
      Check Names: NTService\TrustedInstaller.
    • Click OK and click Apply.
    • Click OK again to complete the task.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion

dwlloyd810, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion

1. Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion - Similar Threads - Trustedinstall updates 30%

2. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller: I am on a Windows 10 machine and for some reason I can no longer manipulate basic files. Like adding a font to my font folder. I have followed the instructions several times to try and change the folder permissions from TrustedInstaller to myself. Every tutorial shows it...
  3. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller: I am on a Windows 10 machine and for some reason I can no longer manipulate basic files. Like adding a font to my font folder. I have followed the instructions several times to try and change the folder permissions from TrustedInstaller to myself. Every tutorial shows it...
  4. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Delete Partions From a Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Partions From a Disk: I installed a ssd drive in my computer and am going to use the old sata drive for storage. I cloned the old drive to the ssd and all is well. I'm booting up from the new drive and I did something stupid I think. I formated the C section of the old drive no labeled G but now...
  6. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  7. TrustedInstaller deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  8. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller: Hello, I accidentally selected to save new apps on D drive, and some new folders appeared on my D drive. However, I didn't want that to happen and now I want to delete those new folders. Whenever I try to delete WindowsApps and ProgramFiles folder on D drive those folders...
  9. is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Customization
    is it bad to disable/delete trustedinstaller: I don't know what trustedinstaller does but the only thing I know is it is stopping me editing files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-bad-to-disabledelete-trustedinstaller/b4d3c0c6-5965-48b3-b487-e46b96ce375d
  10. windows cannot update system reserved partion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows cannot update system reserved partion: windows won't update system reserved partition. how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cannot-update-system-reserved-partion/2f943836-5464-4673-b605-115393033fca