Windows 10: TrustedInstaller deleted

Discus and support TrustedInstaller deleted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cwi87, Nov 17, 2020.

1. cwi87 Win User

TrustedInstaller deleted

Hi all.

Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller".
    Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account.
    Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason.
    Already tried restoring system from a backup date 2 times. It didn't help. First time before 3 days ago, next time from a month ago. I've used the Reset option of Windows to get back to manufacturer settings. Nothing.
    Tried to add back "TrustedInstaller" to the list of Advanced Security Settings of drive C:\ by "NT Service\TrustedInstaller".
    Doesn't help. Same error as every time. Acces for all the accounts is disabled. Windows Troubleshooter also not responsive cause of the permissions. Basicly most of the things I'm trying to do I'm not being allowed to.
    Any help will be appreciated. I know I've screwed up. Is there still anything I can do instead of clean install?

Microsoft Windows version 20H2 (OS build 19042.630)

:)

cwi87, Nov 17, 2020
  2. DeonYeang Win User

Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion

Hi all,

needed help from my friends windows problem.

what i found out his issues on windows keep restart after windows update at 30% because before restart pc he had uninstall the IE or defender.

so i took out his nvme and install to my PC reason being i cant access to safemode.

first i was knowing the nvme of his were brand new and no bad sector and all.

when i try to delete files it show warning massage regards i cannot move or delete and i guess i also cannot reformat windows too due trustedinstaller problem.

using disk management to format or remove or convert to dynamic disk it shows warning the I/O failing massage.

try many method of convert mgr to GPT still not working,

CMD method : some times it show i success format or able to delete partition and all. i reopen disk management. the files and still remain the same.

i follow a few step using the third party app like takeowner still not working.

i had follow below step:

Restore the TrustedInstaller ownership in Windows 10

but at this step 4 The Select User or Group window will appear.Type here "NT Service\TrustedInstaller" as the new owner name:

saw many onlines using different user and group (i had confuse on this part if i am not using NT Service\TrustedInstaller i unable to proceed next step )

once i done this i finally able to copy windows folders for testing but i cant delete.

is there any simple way i able to FORMAT whole thing instead go though all these.

thank you~~~

DeonYeang, Nov 17, 2020
  3. BunnyJ Win User
    How to delete files protected by Trustedinstaller

Keep in mind,, I would not even think of doing what you might want to do..
    But if you must
    Windows 7 - How to Delete Files Protected by TrustedInstaller

And don't blame me if you mess anything up.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Nov 17, 2020
  4. DeonYeang Win User

TrustedInstaller deleted

Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion

i cant delete or reformat or install windows.

the trustedinstaller had block all access file...

sorry for my english. seems like u understand that i trying to install windows.

when try to delete partition it said my hdd partition is MGR not GPT . i must GPT only able to delete partition.

it because the TRUSTedINSTALLER change the partition to MGR.

DeonYeang, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

TrustedInstaller deleted

1. TrustedInstaller deleted - Similar Threads - TrustedInstaller deleted

2. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  3. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  4. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. TrustedInstaller deleted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    TrustedInstaller deleted: Hi all. Newbie here. I've made a grave mistake by deleting "TrustedInstaller". Before that I've took over the permissions of my C:\ OS drive and gave them to my only Administrator account. Now I can't open C:\ drive, install any programs besides Google Chrome by some reason....
  6. For some reason, I can’t delete any folders because trustedinstaller won’t let me. I can’t...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For some reason, I can’t delete any folders because trustedinstaller won’t let me. I can’t...: When I try changing ownership, some files say “failed to emulate objects in container. Access denied” submitted by /u/TacogamesFPS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/he7ozv/for_some_reason_i_cant_delete_any_folders_because/
  7. Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller

Deleting a folder that requires TrustedInstaller: Hello, I accidentally selected to save new apps on D drive, and some new folders appeared on my D drive. However, I didn't want that to happen and now I want to delete those new folders. Whenever I try to delete WindowsApps and ProgramFiles folder on D drive those folders...
  8. Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trustedinstall & updates 30% & cannot delete partion: Hi all, needed help from my friends windows problem. what i found out his issues on windows keep restart after windows update at 30% because before restart pc he had uninstall the IE or defender. so i took out his nvme and install to my PC reason being i cant access to...
  9. how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?

how to delete a folder i made protected by trustedinstaller?: I made a folder in c:\program files (x86) called windows nt and want to delete it. I made it so that I could play the pinball game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-a-folder-i-made-protected-by/b9851810-0597-422f-8f47-f0673261971b"
  10. Removing Access To Block my Files Being Deleted From TrustedInstaller

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Access To Block my Files Being Deleted From TrustedInstaller: Dear Microsoft, My laptop is very cluttered and I'd like to clear up some files that previous forums have resolved, yet the options on my laptop are not available. As I believe I'm running an updated version of Windows I would like your advice on giving myself full ability...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. accidentally deleted trustedinstaller