Windows 10: TrustedInstaller.exe

Discus and support TrustedInstaller.exe in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question in regards to TrustedInstaller.exe Does TrustedInstaller.exe protect and prevent you from doing the following not just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karanza725, Mar 11, 2019.

1. TrustedInstaller.exe

Hello, I have a question in regards to TrustedInstaller.exe

Does TrustedInstaller.exe protect and prevent you from doing the following not just deleting a file or folder?:

• Renaming the folder or sub folders that contain the files inside of them
    • Right Clicking on the folder and clicking on the "Cut" option
    • Making a new folder in any of the folders that are owned by TrustedInstaller
    • Renaming any of the sub folders inside
    • Renaming any of the files inside that folder which again are owned by TrustedInstaller

Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking this question for informational purposes only. I'm curious to know as to what TrustedInstaller.exe does in terms of protection and if it prevents me or any user who's using this machine to do the following that I have mentioned above as well as any additional ones that weren't mentioned earlier. I'm not trying to tamper with anything, again I just want to know what roles TrustedInstaller plays in terms of protection.

If you could please let me know if the methods I've mentioned above are correct, and list additional methods in which TrustedInstaller.exe prevents you from doing, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

:)

Karanza725, Mar 11, 2019

2. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Initially I got the same error that said “NTService\TrustedInstaller is not from a domain listed in the Select Location dialog box, and is therefore not valid.”

My problem was the lack of a space in "NT Service\TrustedInstaller."

I got this solution from a post by Sergey Tkachenko at https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-restore-the-trustedinstaller-ownership-in-windows-10/#comment-22087

dwlloyd810, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Hi Sakso,

This Windows apps permission could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated Windows component,
    we suggest that you follow the instructions below to restore or reset the default permission for your folder or file:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Browse to the system file you previously changed ownership.
    • Right-click the file, and select Properties.
    • Click on the Security tab.
    • Click the Advanced button.
    • On the "Advanced Security Settings" page, click the Change link on Owner.
    • On the "Select User or Group" page, type the following to add the TrustedInstaller account and click
      Check Names: NTService\TrustedInstaller.
    • Click OK and click Apply.
    • Click OK again to complete the task.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Anna Bol Win User

TrustedInstaller.exe

TrustedInstaller, Windows 10, winSAT

Hi Ron,

To help resolve your concern, you have to first take ownership of the files or folders and then grant yourself full
    control permissions and rights. To do so, follow the steps on this link:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

• Right-click the file or folder, click
      Properties and then select
      Security
      tab.

• Click the
      Advanced
      button and the
      Advanced Security Settings
      window will appear. You need to change the Owner of the key. Click the
      Change link
      next to the "Owner:" label

• The
      Select User or Group window will appear. Type "NT Service\TrustedInstaller"
      as the new owner name.

• Click
      OK to change the ownership and you are done.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

TrustedInstaller.exe

1. TrustedInstaller.exe - Similar Threads - TrustedInstaller exe

2. How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller: I wanted to change the boot-up sound of windows 11 and I found out how. I made a copy of the imageres.dll.mun file, where I edited the WAVE I replaced it using Resource Hacker. now theoretically I would only need to rename the original file so windows would ignore it and...
  3. How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller: I wanted to change the boot-up sound of windows 11 and I found out how. I made a copy of the imageres.dll.mun file, where I edited the WAVE I replaced it using Resource Hacker. now theoretically I would only need to rename the original file so windows would ignore it and...
  4. TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares: Hello, I have been experiencing issues with saving files from some software.When trying to save any file like .csv from LibreOffice or .bmp from Paint I am getting this error:"C:\Untitled.bmpYou don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to...
  5. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  6. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  7. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I add "Run as TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and wish to do what is in the subject WITHOUT downloading anything. I want to do it to my machine myself so I know what has been done incase something goes wrong. Windows Version: 20H2 Build 19042.630 168625
  9. How do I add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes?: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  10. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...