Windows 10: TrustedInstaller Issues

Discus and support TrustedInstaller Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just want to make copies of some of my Microsoft Store apps, but to do that, I need permission from...you guessed it - TrustedInstaller! I've tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sattireisgood, Dec 17, 2019.

1. TrustedInstaller Issues

I just want to make copies of some of my Microsoft Store apps, but to do that, I need permission from...you guessed it - TrustedInstaller!

I've tried transferring the ownership from TrustedInstaller to my account. It did work and I got all permissions, however, some apps would not run, like Microsoft Store and apps from it.

My question: Is there a way I could just give myself all permissions and then revert ownership back to TrustedInstaller OR get apps to function properly?

A step-by-step list would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/sattireisgood
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sattireisgood, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Initially I got the same error that said “NTService\TrustedInstaller is not from a domain listed in the Select Location dialog box, and is therefore not valid.”

My problem was the lack of a space in "NT Service\TrustedInstaller."

I got this solution from a post by Sergey Tkachenko at Restore the TrustedInstaller ownership in Windows 10

dwlloyd810, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

TrustedInstaller Issues

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

TrustedInstaller Issues

1. TrustedInstaller Issues - Similar Threads - TrustedInstaller Issues

2. How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller: I wanted to change the boot-up sound of windows 11 and I found out how. I made a copy of the imageres.dll.mun file, where I edited the WAVE I replaced it using Resource Hacker. now theoretically I would only need to rename the original file so windows would ignore it and...
  3. How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller: I wanted to change the boot-up sound of windows 11 and I found out how. I made a copy of the imageres.dll.mun file, where I edited the WAVE I replaced it using Resource Hacker. now theoretically I would only need to rename the original file so windows would ignore it and...
  4. TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares: Hello, I have been experiencing issues with saving files from some software.When trying to save any file like .csv from LibreOffice or .bmp from Paint I am getting this error:"C:\Untitled.bmpYou don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to...
  5. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  6. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  7. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

8. I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller

I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller: i just miss clicked and just give ownership of local disk c to myself and not trustedinstaller or something and now my pc is janky AF is there anything i can do. i already tried with reseting it to factory reset using brand new option but it didnt work. i have brute force...
  9. I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller: i just miss clicked and just give ownership of local disk c to myself and not trustedinstaller or something and now my pc is janky AF is there anything i can do. i already tried with reseting it to factory reset using brand new option but it didnt work. i have brute force...
  10. I give thw ownership of drive C to myself instead of trustedinstaller