Windows 10: trustedinstaller virus?

Discus and support trustedinstaller virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've seen on different websites that this isn't a virus and on other websites that it is. Is it possible that the 2 on the left is a virus and the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dwellq, Jul 3, 2020.

1. dwellq Win User

trustedinstaller virus?

I've seen on different websites that this isn't a virus and on other websites that it is.

Is it possible that the 2 on the left is a virus and the one on the right the real one?

The ones on the left have permission for everythingSYSTEM and Admin

The one on the right doesn't. And it has copyright to Microsoft. Left ones don't.

trustedinstaller virus? 7c651e51-1cdd-485d-9bba-9cec46c152a2?upload=true.jpg

trustedinstaller virus? b177dc63-6e53-4cba-84df-9a3792c3c51e?upload=true.jpg

trustedinstaller virus? ab64754e-db1d-4322-8e6e-5bc5d9adc2ef?upload=true.jpg

:)

dwellq, Jul 3, 2020

2. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Initially I got the same error that said “NTService\TrustedInstaller is not from a domain listed in the Select Location dialog box, and is therefore not valid.”

My problem was the lack of a space in "NT Service\TrustedInstaller."

I got this solution from a post by Sergey Tkachenko at Restore the TrustedInstaller ownership in Windows 10

dwlloyd810, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Hi Sakso,

This Windows apps permission could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated Windows component,
    we suggest that you follow the instructions below to restore or reset the default permission for your folder or file:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Browse to the system file you previously changed ownership.
    • Right-click the file, and select Properties.
    • Click on the Security tab.
    • Click the Advanced button.
    • On the "Advanced Security Settings" page, click the Change link on Owner.
    • On the "Select User or Group" page, type the following to add the TrustedInstaller account and click
      Check Names: NTService\TrustedInstaller.
    • Click OK and click Apply.
    • Click OK again to complete the task.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

trustedinstaller virus?

TrustedInstaller, Windows 10, winSAT

Hi Ron,

To help resolve your concern, you have to first take ownership of the files or folders and then grant yourself full
    control permissions and rights. To do so, follow the steps on this link:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

• Right-click the file or folder, click
      Properties and then select
      Security
      tab.

• Click the
      Advanced
      button and the
      Advanced Security Settings
      window will appear. You need to change the Owner of the key. Click the
      Change link
      next to the "Owner:" label

• The
      Select User or Group window will appear. Type "NT Service\TrustedInstaller"
      as the new owner name.

• Click
      OK to change the ownership and you are done.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

trustedinstaller virus?

1. trustedinstaller virus? - Similar Threads - trustedinstaller virus

2. How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller: I wanted to change the boot-up sound of windows 11 and I found out how. I made a copy of the imageres.dll.mun file, where I edited the WAVE I replaced it using Resource Hacker. now theoretically I would only need to rename the original file so windows would ignore it and...
  3. How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change windows startup sound/how to bypass TrustedInstaller: I wanted to change the boot-up sound of windows 11 and I found out how. I made a copy of the imageres.dll.mun file, where I edited the WAVE I replaced it using Resource Hacker. now theoretically I would only need to rename the original file so windows would ignore it and...
  4. TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TrustedInstaller prevents from saving files from any softwares: Hello, I have been experiencing issues with saving files from some software.When trying to save any file like .csv from LibreOffice or .bmp from Paint I am getting this error:"C:\Untitled.bmpYou don't have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to...
  5. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  6. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller: For anyone who gets stuck with not being able to Delete a Folder or File due to an oddball User such as S-1-5 etc, or even TrustedInstaller, here is the process to follow. You will typically come across it when you see a User called S-1-5- xxxx etc. or something similar to...
  7. Account Unknown Under File Permissions / also TrustedInstaller

8. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  9. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it

There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it: Please Help idk how to delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-a-folder-named-virus-and-only/a93a772f-38f3-4e7c-b98f-ec8b2eec9682
  10. There is a folder named virus and only trustedinstaller can delete it