Windows 10: Trustedinstaller

Discus and support Trustedinstaller in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a problem ,I changed the owner of the entire drive and subfolders from Trustedinstaller to my account. I canceled the change of owner action,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BlazeAndj, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Trustedinstaller

I have a problem ,I changed the owner of the entire drive and subfolders from Trustedinstaller to my account. I canceled the change of owner action, but I think many files are assigned to the wrong owner. at first I had typical problems but after typing a few commands (SFC and DISM) some of the problems disappeared, even some folders seem to have changed back. my question is:

- will I lose files after repairing windows with iso file? and will this action fix the disk permissions related error?

- what else can I do without losing any files? (reseting windows will delete drivers and some apps)

present problem: .exe files that need administrator privileges won't start (or just the "to confirm" window that I am an administrator doesn't want to)

submitted by /u/BlazeAndj
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BlazeAndj, Nov 30, 2020

2. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Initially I got the same error that said “NTService\TrustedInstaller is not from a domain listed in the Select Location dialog box, and is therefore not valid.”

My problem was the lack of a space in "NT Service\TrustedInstaller."

I got this solution from a post by Sergey Tkachenko at Restore the TrustedInstaller ownership in Windows 10

dwlloyd810, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Restore WindowsApps permissionss to TrustedInstaller

Hi Sakso,

This Windows apps permission could have happened due to the corrupted or outdated Windows component,
    we suggest that you follow the instructions below to restore or reset the default permission for your folder or file:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Browse to the system file you previously changed ownership.
    • Right-click the file, and select Properties.
    • Click on the Security tab.
    • Click the Advanced button.
    • On the "Advanced Security Settings" page, click the Change link on Owner.
    • On the "Select User or Group" page, type the following to add the TrustedInstaller account and click
      Check Names: NTService\TrustedInstaller.
    • Click OK and click Apply.
    • Click OK again to complete the task.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Anna Bol Win User

Trustedinstaller

TrustedInstaller, Windows 10, winSAT

Hi Ron,

To help resolve your concern, you have to first take ownership of the files or folders and then grant yourself full
    control permissions and rights. To do so, follow the steps on this link:

• Open
      File Explorer
      and then locate the file or folder you want to take ownership of.

• Right-click the file or folder, click
      Properties and then select
      Security
      tab.

• Click the
      Advanced
      button and the
      Advanced Security Settings
      window will appear. You need to change the Owner of the key. Click the
      Change link
      next to the "Owner:" label

• The
      Select User or Group window will appear. Type "NT Service\TrustedInstaller"
      as the new owner name.

• Click
      OK to change the ownership and you are done.

Let us know how it goes.

Anna Bol, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Trustedinstaller

1. Trustedinstaller - Similar Threads - Trustedinstaller

2. Changing the Owner of Windows PowerShell folder from TrustedInstaller

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the Owner of Windows PowerShell folder from TrustedInstaller: I recently purchased a Dell XPS 8940 desktop and installed Windows version 20H2 on it. After copying the "Windows PowerShell" folder---because Windows wouldn't let me move the original---so that I could move the copy to a new user folder of my choice, I have the original...
  3. Changing the Owner of Windows PowerShell folder from TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the Owner of Windows PowerShell folder from TrustedInstaller: I recently purchased a Dell XPS 8940 desktop and installed Windows version 20H2 on it. After copying the "Windows PowerShell" folder---because Windows wouldn't let me move the original---so that I could move the copy to a new user folder of my choice, I have the original...
  4. Fix Trustedinstaller/Cant Use sfc /scannow/ Cant install windows updates!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix Trustedinstaller/Cant Use sfc /scannow/ Cant install windows updates!: First thing is, Is trustedinstaller a virus? I have had alot of hours online trying to find out about if this is safe or not because it wouldnt let me delete things that i needed to. I had a virus that i couldnt delete do to trustedinstaller blocking me so then i went online...
  5. You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder

in Windows 10 News
    You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder: The message prompt You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this folder will pop up when you try to delete, modify, rename, or access core system files that are protected under the ownership of the TrustedInstaller process. In order to do the necessary...
  6. Is there a way to disable trustedinstaller for every file on a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to disable trustedinstaller for every file on a drive: I'm trying to delete some file folders that are blocked by the trustedinstaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-disable-trustedinstaller-for/bcca571a-882d-41be-bcea-4f4b6b194052
  7. Does TrustedInstaller have a higher access than SYSTEM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does TrustedInstaller have a higher access than SYSTEM?: Title submitted by /u/OrnEducat5 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/locxrf/does_trustedinstaller_have_a_higher_access_than/
  8. NSudo: run processes as System or TrustedInstaller on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    NSudo: run processes as System or TrustedInstaller on Windows: NSudo is an open source application for Microsoft Windows devices that adds options to Windows operating systems to run processes as TrustedInstaller or System. The program is compatible with Microsoft's Windows Vista operating system and newer versions of Windows, including...
  9. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder: Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out. The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will...
  10. I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need to be able to access a TrustedInstalled folder: Hello friends. I'm writing today seeking the help of someone willing to help me out. The tl;dr version is I'm denied access to a folder that's currently owned by TrustedInstaller: "You have been denied permission to access this folder. To gain access to this folder you will...