Windows 10: Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use

Discus and support Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use 117921 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jerrypc1, Sep 15, 2018.

1. jerrypc1 Win User

Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use

Is Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use

:)

jerrypc1, Sep 15, 2018
  2. Mike8 Win User

IBM Trusteer - Rapport (not supported in Edge)

If you use Rapport, which usually is a suggestion by some banks for online banking including HSBC, please note that Microsoft Edge is not supported. Comment from IBM Trusteer support below:
    Thank you for contacting Trusteer Technical Support.
    ****************************************************************************************
    Please be advised that Edge browser is currently not supported by Rapport.

For a list of currently supported browsers, click here:
    http://www.trusteer.com/support/supported-platforms

Rapport cannot protect web sessions performed in unsupported browsers and its icon will not appear in these browsers.

Support for additional browsers may be incorporated in future releases of Rapport, but unfortunately there are no immediate plans of this kind.
    *******************************************************************************

However, IE11 is still available in Windows 10
    /Programmes/Windows Accessories folder.

M

Mike8, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    IBM Trusteer Rapport

No, Windows update does not include this as it is not an MS product.

You can also check your list of installed applications

Right-click on the Start button,

Control panel,

View by - Small icons, just so you can see everything,

Programs & features.

Look for an entry for Trusteer Rapport or IBM Trusteer Rapport and see when it installed. Perhaps it's been there a while and you didn't notice.

However, unless you decide that you had simply forgotten about installing it, I would recommend a full scan for malware.

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Tryx3 Win User

IBM Trusteer Rapport

I appreciate that you should not be going through all this hassle.

The only suggestion I can make is that you ask Trusteer support how it could be installed without your knowledge. When I was using Trusteer [I ditched it earlier this year], I asked support several questions and they always replied.

http://www.trusteer.com/support is the starting point. Use one of the links on the right of that page to chat, submit a ticket or request a callback [these links are for consumer
    queries - they are nothing to do with the Enterprise button above them].

Since I assume you will be removing it, here is the removal advice they gave me in 2014 [I have checked that the links are still valid] -

We recommend you uninstall Rapport (instructions in the following link), then restart your computer and delete the Rapport folders in order to verify that Rapport was removed.

You can uninstall Rapport by following the instructions in the following link:

http://www.trusteer.com/support/uninstalling-rapport

Once completely uninstalled, please reboot your computer. After computer has restarted, please confirm Rapport was completely removed by following these instructions:

http://www.trusteer.com/support/remove-rapport-folders

Please make sure to remove all the folders.

Denis

Tryx3, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use - Similar Threads - Trusteer Rapport addon

2. IBM’s Trusteer Rapport software breaks Windows 10 + 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IBM’s Trusteer Rapport software breaks Windows 10 + 11: My bank website will only work if I install special software to “protect” my computer. They provide a link to download it and it is called Trusteer Rapport by IBM. And I can enter my bank’s website. But an hour later things on Windows just stop working. The last time I tried...
  3. IBM’s Trusteer Rapport software breaks Windows 10 + 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IBM’s Trusteer Rapport software breaks Windows 10 + 11: My bank website will only work if I install special software to “protect” my computer. They provide a link to download it and it is called Trusteer Rapport by IBM. And I can enter my bank’s website. But an hour later things on Windows just stop working. The last time I tried...
  4. Removing Trusteer files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Trusteer files: I have uninstalled Trusteer Rapport and I am left with the files below in Pograms X86/Trusteer/Rapport. Although I apply full permissions I get the error message shown whenever I try to delete. How can I delete these files. My reason for needing to delete this is that I...
  5. Rapport Mgmt Service

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rapport Mgmt Service: I have a hp elite book with 8gb ram and and i5, it runs a little slow sometimes when I’m multitasking with photoshop and in my task manager I’m seeing rapport taking up 20-30% of cpu usage, what is it and should I uninstall it? submitted by /u/xRedbird56 [link] [comments]...
  6. Trusteer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusteer: Hi DoI ned Trusteer Endpoint Protection when I have Windows security or am I better getting my banks security which is Trusteer Rapport https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusteer/652b1bd1-7612-49fe-9967-34918d7a0948
  7. Trusteer Rapport will not work ..".crypt32.dll missing or corrupt". Using Win 10 ver 1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trusteer Rapport will not work ..".crypt32.dll missing or corrupt". Using Win 10 ver 1909: I have used "sfc /scannow" and DISM and upgraded to ver 1909, but still Rapport wil not work... Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trusteer-rapport-will-not-work-crypt32dll-missing/c4e9c339-14b0-4ac2-9b1e-c228b4886e7f
  8. Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use

in Browsers and Email
    Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use: Is Trusteer Rapport addon safe to use 117921
  9. unattended TRUSTEER RAPPORT loading and install, suspicious activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unattended TRUSTEER RAPPORT loading and install, suspicious activity: yesterday, 4 august 0400 south african time [utc +2], my computer must have loaded trusteer rapport [banking security software which i previously un-installed], made a system restore point before running it and my system time zone was set to cuiaba, brazil [utc -4]. i tried...
  10. IBM Trusteer - Rapport (not supported in Edge)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IBM Trusteer - Rapport (not supported in Edge): If you use Rapport, which usually is a suggestion by some banks for online banking including HSBC, please note that Microsoft Edge is not supported. Comment from IBM Trusteer support below: Thank you for contacting Trusteer Technical Support....