Windows 10: Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password

Discus and support Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; All the forum posts I see on this topic tell me to simply disable UAC, which is not a solution. How can I allow a standard user to launch a 3rd party... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by artpoetryfiction, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password

All the forum posts I see on this topic tell me to simply disable UAC, which is not a solution. How can I allow a standard user to launch a 3rd party application our accounting software w/o being prompted for an Admin password? How can I determine if it is UAC or another security feature that is blocking the application from launching with the user's permissions? I have tried giving full rights to the user on the root folder where the app is installed but it didn't resolve the issue. Please help.

:)

artpoetryfiction, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

deleting administrator account w/o having password

When it asks non-admin accounts for an admin password to authorise something, it routinely suggests the last admin account used. If you click on More choices, you will see a list of admin accounts and you can just select the one you now have access to. The next time the dialog appears it will suggest that as the admin account to use to give permission to proceed.

Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password [​IMG]

Once you have done this and seen it all working, you can either delete her old account [after having checked her user folders to make sure there is nothing there you need] or, assuming it is a local account not an MSAccount, just reset her password then put on a new one** so that the account is available as a spare admin.

** Which you should write down.

Denis

3. Enable 3rd party access to a child account

I am trying to enable access to 3rd party apps for my daughter's child account. When attempting to add outlook.com to Mail app on iOS, it is asking me to go to account.live.com/mk to enable 3rd party access to her account. when i go to that link, only 1
    of my 4 children are on that page and she is not one of them so i cant enable access. I am not able to find where i can enable 3rd party access when i click on family and go to her account. that page is mostly windows 10 setting and nothing for 3rd party apps
    that i can find.

Moved from: Outlook.com / Security, privacy, and accounts / Other

swwillia50, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password

1. Trusting or Enabling User access to 3rd party app w/o being prompted for Admin password - Similar Threads - Trusting Enabling User

2. Accessing 3rd party apps for work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing 3rd party apps for work.: I need to download VMware Horizon client to my laptop and Microsoft will not let me download it. How an i allow access to MY laptop to download this app for work?...
  3. Accessing 3rd party apps for work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing 3rd party apps for work.: I need to download VMware Horizon client to my laptop and Microsoft will not let me download it. How an i allow access to MY laptop to download this app for work?...
  4. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  5. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  6. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. 3rd party apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party apps not working: 3rd party apps are not working and wont download im not in S mode when I got to activation it says Windows 10 home edition. Anyone know why or have a solution I updated yesterday and steam and stuff quit working today....
  8. certmgr.msc - ‘Trusted Roots’ vs ‘3rd Party Roots’

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    certmgr.msc - ‘Trusted Roots’ vs ‘3rd Party Roots’: Hello all, I’ve been looking around in certmgr.msc, and I’ve noticed “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” and “Third-Party Root Certificates” folders. What’s the difference? Thanks, InternetLuke....
  9. 3rd party password managers

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party password managers: I'm looking for a reliable password manager program that is compatible with Windows 10. This may not be the correct place to ask this question but can find no other venue. Thanks....
  10. Enable 3rd party access to a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Enable 3rd party access to a child account: I am trying to enable access to 3rd party apps for my daughter's child account. When attempting to add outlook.com to Mail app on iOS, it is asking me to go to account.live.com/mk to enable 3rd party access to her account. when i go to that link, only 1 of my 4 children are...