Windows 10: 'Try Microsoft Edge' nag when logging in

Discus and support 'Try Microsoft Edge' nag when logging in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've just recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 from Win7 after months of putting it off. Surprisingly it all went smoothly. I even found I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bendipa, Sep 24, 2019.

1. bendipa Win User

'Try Microsoft Edge' nag when logging in

Hi,

I've just recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 from Win7 after months of putting it off. Surprisingly it all went smoothly. I even found I was already activated and was not expecting that. However there is 1 niggle.

I use Firefox as my default browser which continues to work fine. But each time I boot up and reach login, I am greeted with a 'nag' suggesting I switch to MS Edge, which I don't wish to do. This isn't a pop-up, just a reminder displayed across the login background photo as per this link. It's easy to remove - just click on the login page - but I'd prefer it didn't appear in the first place. I've tried unchecking the box 'Get tips,tricks and suggestions as you use Windows' under System, which seems to be the recommendation for blocking this nag, but it makes no difference. I've also turned off MS Edge under Background Apps.

Any suggestions that actually work in preventing this nag would be welcomed.

:)

bendipa, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Edwin Win User

Two suggestions:
    1. Use your own Picture; turn off Windows Spotlight,
    2. Turn Off 'Get fun facts...'

'Try Microsoft Edge' nag when logging in [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 24, 2019
  3. bendipa Win User

Hi,

I've just recently upgraded my PC to Windows 10 from Win7 after months of putting it off. Surprisingly it all went smoothly. I even found I was already activated and was not expecting that. However there is 1 niggle.

I use Firefox as my default browser which continues to work fine. But each time I boot up and reach login, I am greeted with a 'nag' suggesting I switch to MS Edge, which I don't wish to do. This isn't a pop-up, just a reminder displayed across the login background photo as per this link. It's easy to remove - just click on the login page - but I'd prefer it didn't appear in the first place. I've tried unchecking the box 'Get tips,tricks and suggestions as you use Windows' under System, which seems to be the recommendation for blocking this nag, but it makes no difference. I've also turned off MS Edge under Background Apps.

Any suggestions that actually work in preventing this nag would be welcomed.

bendipa, Sep 24, 2019
  4. 'Try Microsoft Edge' nag when logging in

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. 'Try Microsoft Edge' nag when logging in - Similar Threads - 'Try Microsoft Edge'

2. Explorer.exe when trying to log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe when trying to log in: Hi, guys trying to login into my laptop but can't. The passcode doesn't work and getting a prompt explorer exe system error. How do fix this is it a virus?...
  3. Microsoft apps showing errors when trying to log in.

Microsoft apps showing errors when trying to log in.: Split from this thread.Someone please tell me where i go for support?Outlook app is not working on my mobile.Xbox app is not working on my mobile.Both give errors when trying to log in.ZERO customer service for any microsoft services.Call back option does not work on...
  4. Microsoft apps showing errors when trying to log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft apps showing errors when trying to log in.: Split from this thread.Someone please tell me where i go for support?Outlook app is not working on my mobile.Xbox app is not working on my mobile.Both give errors when trying to log in.ZERO customer service for any microsoft services.Call back option does not work on...
  5. Nags to switch to Edge [from Firefox]

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nags to switch to Edge [from Firefox]: Whenever I access [at least some] Microsoft sites, I must deal with pop-ups asking if I want to switch to Edge [from Firefox]. How can I stop these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nags-to-switch-to-edge-from-firefox/2d86a0ce-a88b-473b-a4a9-9b7c1f8e1578
  6. Some Microsoft updates nagging

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some Microsoft updates nagging: Hello,At 14 April 2021, installed KB5001330 (manually), after that removed Edge browser. My default browser is Google Chrome.KB4023057 is offered again and again and I keep removing it. (I read about it in the internet)I use now the "Windows update mini tool" to check for...
  7. Microsoft edge not logging on

Microsoft edge not logging on: My Microsoft edge doesn't work after this last update. cannot login and says my internet is not working but i can get online with chrome....
  8. Google "Nag" on Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google "Nag" on Edge: Anyone know how to eliminate the Google "nag" on Edge ? Pops up very, very frequently in the upper right corner of the page. MB adwcleaner is negative. [img] 91452
  9. Microsoft Edge: How to disable annoying Nag Screen?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: How to disable annoying Nag Screen?: I have updated to Windows 10. I didn't like Microsoft Edge (I use the favourites bar a lot for basic navigation, and it doesn't work very well in Edge - Folders cannot be added, titles cannot be edited etc...), so I reverted back to IE11, and made this my default. Now every...
  10. How to stop Microsoft nagging

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to stop Microsoft nagging: Hello, As you already know from my previous posts about problems upgrading my windows 10 system, until I get it fixed, each time I turn on my pc, I notice lot of net traffic (something is downloading), I pull the line plug out, chk on C: and find brand new folder...