Windows 10: Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty.

Discus and support Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GustavTrinkaus, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty.

Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with images, stored in the same folder, there was no problem at all to change the date.

:)

GustavTrinkaus, Nov 13, 2018

2. Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with images, stored in the same folder, there was no problem at all to change the date.

***Title modified from : Windows 10***

GustavTrinkaus, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

Hi GustavTrinaus,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please try this step and let us know:

1. Change the Date taken field from Properties.

- Right click on File and select Properties.

- Click on Details tab and click on date taken field.

- Click on the date field and it becomes editable. Change the date accordingly.

You may refer the suggestions provided by TimStockdale, dated April 24, 2016 from this link named “Can’t
    change date of photo/video files in Windows 10
    ” and check it helps.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community -Moderator

Gowrish_S, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty.

Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

Tks, but what you suggested I already tried several times; same answer every time: read only, although the appropriate box is empty.

Gustav

GustavTrinkaus, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty.

1. Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty. - Similar Threads - Try change date

2. How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change dates on pictures with incorrect origin date and file shows "Read Only": I have imported pictures from my iphone, and the dates the images were taken are not correct. I can change the dates on some of the files but the other files will not let me change the dates. The error code is "Read Only". How can I change these files and prevent wrong dates...
  3. Whenever I try to shorten the length of a video clip in photos by changing when the video...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to shorten the length of a video clip in photos by changing when the video...: This consistently happens with both .mkv and .mp4 formatsSo basically, if I open a video in .mkv it opens up Movies & TV and in .mp4 it opens up Photos, and then try to trim the video's lengthif the file is in Movies & TV it opens up the Photos app to trim videos in by...
  4. Whenever I try to shorten the length of a video clip in photos by changing when the video...

Whenever I try to shorten the length of a video clip in photos by changing when the video...: This consistently happens with both .mkv and .mp4 formatsSo basically, if I open a video in .mkv it opens up Movies & TV and in .mp4 it opens up Photos, and then try to trim the video's lengthif the file is in Movies & TV it opens up the Photos app to trim videos in by...
  5. read only change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read only change: how to fix the stubborn read-only status ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-change/f469db65-bc46-4459-8935-8505d683998e
  6. read only change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    read only change: how to fix the stubborn read-only status ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-change/f469db65-bc46-4459-8935-8505d683998e
  7. read only change

8. Videos have no value for "Date taken" in one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Videos have no value for "Date taken" in one drive: Hello,I am trying to sort a bunch of clips by their dates in one drive, but some clips inexplicably show no data in the "Date taken" field, and therefore cannot be sorted by date. Some clips however do show the correct date and I have no idea why it works for some clips and...
  9. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8
  10. Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change the date taken for a video clip in Windows 10: Try to change "date taken" for a video clip. Although the "read only" box is empty, the system stubbornly refuses to accept a new date. Anyway, with images, stored in the same folder, there was no problem at all to change the date. ***Title modified from : Windows 10***...