Windows 10: Try to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work

Discus and support Try to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I delete the file, it shows "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file". It was stated that the system is still run the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 锦华陈, May 29, 2019.

1. 锦华陈 Win User

Try to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work

When I delete the file, it shows "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file".

It was stated that the system is still run the program so I restart the pc and then I had tried to delete it in safe mode but I didn't work

:)

锦华陈, May 29, 2019

2. Disk Clean-up showing nothing to delete from Recovery Image (DTry to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work :)

Hi Bradley,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Clean up. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to manually delete the temporary files.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to delete the temporary files:

• Press Windows logo key + R
      key to run Run Command, type %temp%, and hit
      Enter
    • Delete all the files in the folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Prefetch and delete all the files except the
      ReadyBoot folder.
    • Go to C:/Windows/Temp and delete all the files.
    • Restart the computer, and now check the disk space.

We don't recommend you to delete any system default application.

Please write us back, if you still face difficulty with Disk Clean up. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, May 29, 2019
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, May 29, 2019
  4. Try to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work

File Explorer : image icons and preview are solid green

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you clear the thumbnail cache. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Disk Cleanup.
    • Check the Thumbnails box.
    • Click OK.
    • Click on Delete Files button to confirm.
    • Restart the computer to apply completely.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Try to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work

1. Try to delete "Disk Image File" but cannot work - Similar Threads - Try delete Disk

2. Trying to delete Windows 10X Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to delete Windows 10X Image: Hello, today i wanted to test Windows 10X, so i downloaded the emulator, the Windows 10X Image and.... trying to deleting to delete it nothing appeared about uninstall Win10X Image. Someone can help?...
  3. Trying to delete Windows 10X Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to delete Windows 10X Image: Hello, today i wanted to test Windows 10X, so i downloaded the emulator, the Windows 10X Image and.... trying to deleting to delete it nothing appeared about uninstall Win10X Image. Someone can help?...
  4. Create Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create Disk Image File: I have a broken-ish HDD and need to get the image of the system from it. The problem is that it has a tendency to disconnect and reset the image creation process. Are there any partitions I can omit to speed it up and have just the bare minimum? (This windows had custom MSI...
  5. WINDOWS DISK IMAGE IS NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS DISK IMAGE IS NOT WORKING: I downloaded a Windows 10 disk image as .iso format. I restored it to my USB. And I closed my computer Poweroff.. Checked BIOS settings Everything is setted as it should be.. And started to booting from USB... But it not booting. It started booting Ubuntu. But it can boots...
  6. Deleting raw image files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting raw image files: Whenever I try to delete raw image files from the recycle bin they don't want to delete. If I restart the computer then they will delete. Regular JPG images are no problem I just hit "empty the recycle bin" and they are gone. Does anybody have an answer or a workaround??...
  7. Is there a disk imaging software that you can add/delete files from?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there a disk imaging software that you can add/delete files from?: There are several tools and software to create images and recover the system from ...but are there any that allow a user to explore the image contents and add files/folders and/or delete files/folders from within a created image itself? I have heard shadowprotect can do this...
  8. Cannot make the disk to image work

Cannot make the disk to image work: Hi, I want to make a Win10 1903 image from my computer, I first try to reinstall my computer with my Win1803 image and then it is success. Then I update my OS to 1903 and ready to do the encapsulation: Win + R> sysprep> Double click the sysprep> Check generalize, change to...
  9. Deleting system image file

Deleting system image file: Hi I have read lots of advice about deleting system image files but I get blocked everytime by the message 'file is in use and cannot be deleted' and I have no idea how to get around this any suggestions please. Windows 10 user#...
  10. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to delete a disk image file but it says the file is open in system