Windows 10: Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon

Discus and support Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just built a desktop and tried to install windows 10 using bootable USB, but whenever it always freezes at the windows icon screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by by29_happy, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon

Hello everyone,

I just built a desktop and tried to install windows 10 using bootable USB, but whenever it always freezes at the windows icon screen. I tried both the media tool and Rufus to setup the bootable drive. But both of them didn't work for me. It either tells me I have to install in UEFI boot while I'm already using UEFI, or it starts loading but freezes. I'm a beginner in computer knowledge, I don't really understand what's the differences between the two bios system. I also searched up and saw that people might have the same problem as me, but when I follow the steps, I still couldn't figure it out.

:)

by29_happy, Jan 24, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon

1. Try to install windows 10 on self-built desktop, but it freezes at windows icon - Similar Threads - Try install self

2. Troubles with drivers installing windows 11 on self-built machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubles with drivers installing windows 11 on self-built machine: Hello everyone,I was trying to install Windows 11 on my machine that is now running a Linux distro. The installer won't find the needed drivers for USBs or Hard Drives. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of which drivers I need, these are my specs:MB: Msi Tomahawk Max...
  3. Troubles with drivers installing windows 11 on self-built machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubles with drivers installing windows 11 on self-built machine: Hello everyone,I was trying to install Windows 11 on my machine that is now running a Linux distro. The installer won't find the needed drivers for USBs or Hard Drives. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of which drivers I need, these are my specs:MB: Msi Tomahawk Max...
  4. Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 on new self built PC, freezes immediately on blue logo: I just built a new desktop pc myself not my first one. When trying to install windows 10 from a bootable USB drive the installation/loading freezes right after starting at the blue logo. I tried different USB drives to make sure that wasn't the problem, also I tried...
  5. Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer

Installing Windows to a Self Built blank computer: My 12 yo son has built a gaming PC. I have purched windows 10 veey cheap - i hope its legit and have been given a key. we are nor sure how to get this on a computer with no operating system. We assume to download onto UBS and then install but are stuck. please advise....
  6. Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?

Self-built computer - installing problems with Windows?: [ATTACH] My boyfriend built a computer... I don't know how to help him... so I'm just gonna check in here. He has already downloaded a few more drivers from the internet...but they seem to be incompatible...as it seems to me and he's been trying out old hard...
  7. Clean Re-Install Win10 Self Built PC

Clean Re-Install Win10 Self Built PC: Hi all, I built a computer from scratch in 2016 and installed Windows 10 Pro using an OEM license that I purchased at the time. For various reasons, I wanted to do a clean sweep of the computer, and I've set up a USB drive to reinstall Windows and start from scratch that...
  8. Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC

Windows 10 Install Error New Self Built PC: Hi all, I recently put together a new PC, specs are: MOBO: ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 6-core 3.7GHz CPU Cooling: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RAM: 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (2x 8GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ROG Strix PSU:...
  9. Desktop Icons Freezed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Freezed: Hi , I downloaded an application called Fences , it a tool that helps to icon grouping on the desk top. Soon i downloaded and installed the tool , all my desk top icons are freezed and cannot move. The basic things are already tried like below but it doesn't work...
  10. Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icon rearrange it's self :(: As the topic said above every time I press F5 to refresh my desktop it rearrange it's self *Sad and I need to re-arrange it again. How can I stop it from doing that *Rolleyes [img] [img] 24524