Windows 10: Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error

Discus and support Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a 237 GB SSD (C: Drive) and 909 GB HDD (D: Drive). I only have 27.8 GB left on my C: Drive, but all 909 GB left on my D: Drive. So my C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zouran, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Zouran Win User

Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error

I have a 237 GB SSD (C: Drive) and 909 GB HDD (D: Drive).

I only have 27.8 GB left on my C: Drive, but all 909 GB left on my D: Drive.

So my C: Drive is almost full, but when I try to move basic files from my desktop (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) I get an Interrupted Action error that says "There is not enough space on Desktop. You need an additional 78.6 GB to copy these files."

I don't understand why it won't let me move files from the almost full C: Drive to the empty D: Drive - how can it possibly need additional space when it has 909 GB free?

I might also point out that most my files (documents, desktop, etc.) on my C: Drive are stored in a OneDrive folder. Not sure how thrilled I am about OneDrive or whether it has any effect on this issue I'm experiencing.

Can someone please help me figure out why I get the Interrupted Action error and how to move my files from C: Drive to D: Drive? I need to start using D: Drive!

Thank you,

Zouran

:)

Zouran, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Not enough space on Recovery (DTry to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DTry to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error

storage space on drives C and D

hello, I've just purchased a second hand laptop, I have a 1TB C drive with 4GB D drive I have 2.42 left in D drive. can I move anything from D drive to C to drive to free up any space. any help would be appreciated thank you

brionypups, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error

1. Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error - Similar Threads - Try move files

2. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  3. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE: I've been trying to move my folders from C drive to D drive to free up space but its telling me the folder can't be moved here as there is a folder in the same location even when i delete said folder from D drive.Any suggestions as to what i'm doing wrong please...
  4. MOVING FILES FROM C TO D DRIVE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to move applications from C drive to D drive.: So my C drive is full and I’ve been cut and pasting the folders of applications to my D drive that didn’t have a move option in “apps & features” in settings. The problem is “apps and features” still says that said program is taking up space but but when you try to hit...
  6. C: Drive full D: Drive Empty

C: Drive full D: Drive Empty: Hello, I recently noticed my pc freezing and crashing and I believe it is due to me running out of storage. I found another thread which said that I should shrink/delete the empty drive and then extend the other but when I try to extend it the button is grayed out. Any help...
  7. I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from...

I get a "There is not enough space" error for my C drive when trying to move files from...: I'm trying to download 622 GB of files from my OneDrive and send it into my new WD hard drive that I just bought. The system keeps giving me an error that the C drive does not have enough space, although I'm not trying to move the files to my C drive. I unlinked my OneDrive...
  8. C drive full, D drive empty

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C drive full, D drive empty: My C drive has 103 GB while my D drive has 931 GB, meanwhile the C drive is where everything is installed and the D drive is basically empty (924 GB free). This doesn't make any sense. How do I get my C drive to have all the space that my D drive has?...
  9. Move free space from D drive to C Drive

Move free space from D drive to C Drive: Hi, I am receiving messages saying my storage is full. Disk manager shows no free space on C drive, but 913GB free on D drive, how can I reallocate free space from D to C? Thanks...
  10. Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not enough space on Recovery (D:) drive.: My Recovery D is full and is all red . I had to do a recovery and it couldn't remove enough without destroying important and computer info. I do not want community please. I don't understand very well. **Title modified from: I have no recovery space it's all red***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to move files from one hd to another. not enough space but new drive empty?

2. when i move files to passport it says not enogh space on windows