Windows 10: try to repait existing win 10 with installation media via usb but when I click repair it...

Discus and support try to repait existing win 10 with installation media via usb but when I click repair it... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My windows 10 did a recent update. After the update my office applications would not work. So I tried a restore to earlier version. After 3+ hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tbonegator33, Mar 5, 2019.

1. try to repait existing win 10 with installation media via usb but when I click repair it...

My windows 10 did a recent update. After the update my office applications would not work. So I tried a restore to earlier version. After 3+ hours the restore was not complete...It was stuck. So I turned off the power to restart. Then windows would not boot it would try to fix the problem and end up at the blue recover screen. I tried troubleshoot, startup repair,system restore etc and they all failed. So i created a installation media on usb. When I boot from it the window setup screen comes up. I click on repair and it just goes back to the blue windows recovery page. So I went back to windows setup on the usb stick an clicked "install" . get the option for upgrade or custom. I clicked on upgrade, even though i don't need an upgrade, I'm trying to fix the current install. Compatibility reports says upgrade option isn't available. not sure what to do now.

:)

tbonegator33, Mar 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Windows 10 repairing disk errors loop

Hi,

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, Isuggest you to repair your system using Windows 10 installation USB media and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Since you have already created the installation media (USB), I would suggest you to get into BIOS and set the boot priority to USB. Manufacturer's set a certain key that enters BIOS setup when you start your computer. It is a different for every
    manufacturer generally, the common key includes Esc, F10 and F12

Refer to the below link to create USB installation media for Windows 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

After creating the USB installation media for Windows 10, follow the below steps:

• Insert the installation USB drive
          and boot Windows 10 from it.

• In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’
          and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Startup Repair’
          and select the operating system.

Kindly reply to us, with the status. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you

Darshan J, Mar 5, 2019
  4. rk3066 Win User

try to repait existing win 10 with installation media via usb but when I click repair it...

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

try to repait existing win 10 with installation media via usb but when I click repair it...

1. try to repait existing win 10 with installation media via usb but when I click repair it... - Similar Threads - try repait existing

2. Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media: I am getting constant Blue Screen Of Death when I try and install Windows 10 on a fresh SSD. I have wiped my SSD in my bios with Secure Erase. When I plug in my Usb, it tries to install windows but then gives ERROR MESSAGE CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, then restarts , then either...
  3. Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media: I am getting constant Blue Screen Of Death when I try and install Windows 10 on a fresh SSD. I have wiped my SSD in my bios with Secure Erase. When I plug in my Usb, it tries to install windows but then gives ERROR MESSAGE CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, then restarts , then either...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD when trying to install Windows 10 usb installation media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Created a windows 10 usb installation media via media creation tool and I get this when I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Created a windows 10 usb installation media via media creation tool and I get this when I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fun-Contribution6669 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mpu2ds/created_a_windows_10_usb_installation_media_via/
  6. Free upgrade of Win 8.1 to Win 10 via USB key downloaded via Media Creation Tool

Free upgrade of Win 8.1 to Win 10 via USB key downloaded via Media Creation Tool: Long story which I won't share, but obtained a laptop with OEM Win 8.1 home which I rescued for use as a backup machine. Lots of info on the web that says still can get a free upgrade to Win 10, which I'd prefer doing. I used the Media Creation Tool to create a Win 10...
  7. When trying to install Windows 10 I get "Load media driver" when I click Install Now.

When trying to install Windows 10 I get "Load media driver" when I click Install Now.: I burned my flash drive using Linux Mint. I don't want to use Linux anymore, how to fix this issue? I already tried changing the usb ports submitted by /u/apndh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhby74/when_trying_to_install_windows_10_i_get_load/
  8. Trying to repair Surface Pro via USB Windows 10 installation media. Just getting a nonstop...

Trying to repair Surface Pro via USB Windows 10 installation media. Just getting a nonstop...: How long does the installation media repair usually take to load up from USB drive? When I start my Surface Pro, to boot from USB, it loads the "Surface" screen, and a small spinning circle. The circle just spins constantly. Has been doing this for 10min now. Is this normal?...
  9. Trying to install windows via USB

Trying to install windows via USB: Hi Have an HP laptop trying to install windows via USB received message cant find drivers Looked in broswer area did not see any? Is it time for a new HD Thank you T 120034
  10. Media Creation Tool is stuck on 0% when i try to install win 10 on usb

Media Creation Tool is stuck on 0% when i try to install win 10 on usb: Before you answer this i would also like to know if there is any way to upgrade from windows 7 enterprise? If there isnt can you tell me why this wont move its been on 0% for 2 hours now! Thanks Paul [img] 10865