Windows 10: Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have...

Discus and support Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created an excel worksheet and went to save it with other documents in a Windows word document file/folder. I get an error message that I cannot save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MartyMiles1, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have...

I created an excel worksheet and went to save it with other documents in a Windows word document file/folder. I get an error message that I cannot save the file to that location and to contact the administrator to obtain permission. How do I do that? Where do I go? What do I do? It also asks if I would like to save the file to Documents instead. I try to save there as well and get the same error message. Help? I have put a lot of time/hours into making this document and I do not want to "lose" it by hitting the wrong key command

:)

MartyMiles1, Mar 5, 2020
  2. simrick Win User

Excel Worksheet in Drive G

If you saved the worksheet on C drive in Excel, that's where it will look for it. If you moved it to drive G (even by accident), Excel is still looking for it at the last known location where you saved it. If you open Excel and navigate to the location on the G drive where you know it is, then open it, and "save as" to the original location on the C drive, Excel will know where it is, and you will be able to open it next time from within the Excel program.

simrick, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Are you using OneDrive to save your Office files? If so, this resolved the same issue for me:

Disable (unselect) the highlighted selection in OneDrive settings:

Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have... [​IMG]

Restart computer, open Excel and one of files that was shown as read only. If it will now work as it should, and you are able to save / copy it, close the file, close Excel, and go back to OneDrive settings re-enabling the setting you disabled earlier.

Now restart again.

I am not saying this automatically fixes your issue, I am just saying it fixed it for me.

Kari, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have...

Excel Worksheet in Drive G

I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C.
    Suggestions?

metromiami74, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have...

1. Try to save new excell worksheet to a documnet file but get message that I "don't have... - Similar Threads - Try save excell

2. How do I save a new Excel worksheet to my E & G Drives. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I save a new Excel worksheet to my E & G Drives. Windows 10: I've just created a new Excel worksheet and saved it on my C drive.I want to save it on my E File History and G Daily drives as well but it's been rather a long time since I created a new Excel worksheet and I've forgotten what to do. Can you help me please?PS I can't find...
  3. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  4. Help with emailing an excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with emailing an excel worksheet: Hello, all I'm a relative novice at writing VBA code and don't pretend to very knowledgeable about computers but I persevere and usually get somewhere but I've been stuck for months on what, I'm sure, ought to be a simple task. Quite simply, all I want to do is write a...
  5. microsoft excel worksheet

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft excel worksheet: I had an update on my windows 10 program last couple of weeks and when I check all of my files they lost them where are all of my files you lost? I had a tech trying to scam what do I do when I lost all of my personal; files including the Microsoft excel spreadsheet....
  6. EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EXCEL WORKSHEETS MOVING: Hi, I am trying once again to get an answer to what appears to be a simple request but I cannot solve it. I have 12 excel worksheets on my desktop (windows 10) they are labelled January through to December but each time I edit one of the worksheets I save it and it goes to a...
  7. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  8. Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to save excel worksheets or move /copy files: I am running Win 10 v 1803 64 bit. All of a sudden, my excel files are coming up read only and I cannot save the changes I make. System won't allow me to move files saying I don't have permission. What? Will appreciate anyone's help on getting this cleaned up. Thanks. 117808
  9. New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?

New context menu - missing new excel worksheet?: Hi, after upgrading to new version of office (from 2013 to 2016) i have no new excel worksheet in new(folder) of context menu. Could please somebody help me out on this? I followed Shaun s tutorial for removing and reinstating New context menu...
  10. Excel Worksheet in Drive G

Excel Worksheet in Drive G: I did something to make a worksheet that I had prepared in Excel to go to my external drive G. Now each time I need to get the worksheet for some reason it tells me that it is not there, but I can see it in the external drive. I want to it on drive C. Suggestions? 55292