Windows 10: try using dictation & speech,/ microphone is in the lap./ not external win 10/11/worked before

Discus and support try using dictation & speech,/ microphone is in the lap./ not external win 10/11/worked before in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; please get in contact asap, needed for time sensitivity material dictation & speech recognition does, not work. microphone is came imbedded in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hindaazer, Mar 17, 2019.

1. hindaazer Win User

try using dictation & speech,/ microphone is in the lap./ not external win 10/11/worked before

please get in contact asap, needed for time sensitivity material

dictation & speech recognition does, not work. microphone is came imbedded in the laptop , no option for it on quick install

:)

hindaazer, Mar 17, 2019

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Windows key+H dictation not working in Microsoft Word.

Have you tried the control panel speech recognition I suggested?

You can find this by going into Control Panel > type in "Speech Recognition" and then set up a microphone. then continue to turn it on and use it instead of win+H dictation.

Zackary Vanosdol, Mar 17, 2019
  4. try using dictation & speech,/ microphone is in the lap./ not external win 10/11/worked before

No dictation / microphone option availalbe

Help. I've got a new surface pro (5) running windows 10 with the latest updates installed. I want to be able to dictate so I don't have to type everything. I don't have the microphone symbol on my touch (onscreen) keyboard, and windows +H buttons aren't
    opening the dictation toolbar. My microphone is working though as I can talk to Cortana - but can't see how to activate voice typing. I've tried settings / time and language / speech and 'set up your mic for speech recognition'. This hasn't made any difference.

Can anyone suggest what to do to fix this?

Thanks

Mark

***Moved from Surface / Surface Pro (newest) / Sound and camera***

MarkAldrich1, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

try using dictation & speech,/ microphone is in the lap./ not external win 10/11/worked before

1. try using dictation & speech,/ microphone is in the lap./ not external win 10/11/worked before - Similar Threads - try using dictation

2. Dictation or Speech in Windows 11, it just runs on and then stops!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dictation or Speech in Windows 11, it just runs on and then stops!: Hello...my question has to do with the voice dictation app. I saw a question that was similar to mine and I was going to write that person and ask what the final resolution was if there was any but I couldn't reach them or it wouldn't allow me to send anything. So anyway....I...
  3. Dictation or Speech in Windows 11, it just runs on and then stops!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictation or Speech in Windows 11, it just runs on and then stops!: Hello...my question has to do with the voice dictation app. I saw a question that was similar to mine and I was going to write that person and ask what the final resolution was if there was any but I couldn't reach them or it wouldn't allow me to send anything. So anyway....I...
  4. Speech dictation does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech dictation does not work: Hi, I encountered a problem with dictation.I have been using this dictation for a long time, but these days it does not work with the prompt "You'll need the Internet for this." But the Internet connection is good and I also opened this function. Another information is that I...
  5. Speech dictation does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speech dictation does not work: Hi, I encountered a problem with dictation.I have been using this dictation for a long time, but these days it does not work with the prompt "You'll need the Internet for this." But the Internet connection is good and I also opened this function. Another information is that I...
  6. Windows 10 Speech Dictation not doing commands

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Speech Dictation not doing commands: I am using Windows 10 speech dictation for the first time. So far so good except it's not accepting things like "press enter" or "press tab" or "backspace". What am I doing wrong? I am using the microphone on my Dell computer, do I need a different microphone and if so which...
  7. Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.: Microsoft recommends an array mic. Does anybody have any experience with these? Have a source? I do not want to use a headset and the array mic, or something like it, has a strong appeal. After going through the first and second Windows voice training I attempted to...
  8. Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.

in Windows 10 Support
    Microphones for Speech to Text and Dictation.: Microsoft recommends an array mic. Does anybody have any experience with these? Have a source? I do not want to use a headset and the array mic, or something like it, has a strong appeal. After going through the first and second Windows voice training I attempted to...
  9. Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation

in Cortana
    Windows Speech Recognition/Dictation: When using speech recognition/dictation, it turns off stops listening, every time I start a new line or new paragraph. In other words, when your trying to dictate a document, it stops listening shuts off every time you start a new line or new paragraph. Then, you have to...
  10. Using Logitech headset with microphone to dictate speech to text.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using Logitech headset with microphone to dictate speech to text.: First of all, I have never used Cortana, nor has it ever engaged with me. I recently tried reviving my Logitech headset with microphone to dictate speech to text. I do not find the model # of the headset. The first time I plugged the USB into my computer tower, I was able to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speech dictation for speech recognition FOR LAP

2. dictation on windows 10/11