Windows 10: Tryin to view videos clips from external drive

Discus and support Tryin to view videos clips from external drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to view video clips from external drive from Free Agent Drive and it says this " Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MariaLopez_83, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Tryin to view videos clips from external drive

I am trying to view video clips from external drive from Free Agent Drive and it says this " Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file." How can I view this video as well as others. They are memories

Thanks

:)

MariaLopez_83, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to play video from external hard drive Error 0x80004005

HI Josep,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Are you able to watch videos which are stored in computer and online?
    • Are you able to view photos and documents etc. from hard drive?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow the steps and check if that helps.

• Type Troubleshooting on Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Click on View all and click on Video playback.
    • Click on Advance and check Apply repairs automatically.
    • Follow on-screen instructions.
    By running this troubleshooter it will find and fix issue with playing movies, television and video. Do let us know if you are able to play videos from external hard drive. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 23, 2020
  3. viewing video clips on facebook

Previously I could view video clips on facebook, but now all I see is a black screen. Why is this now happening?

ErrolFisher, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Tryin to view videos clips from external drive

External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Tryin to view videos clips from external drive

1. Tryin to view videos clips from external drive - Similar Threads - Tryin view videos

2. Can't play video files from external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't play video files from external drive: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-video-files-from-external-drive/577052b6-76ce-4775-a409-67f3bd3b54b8FYI for anyone that saw this thread and the solution did not work - Copy all the .MP4 files to your local drive, reformat the external drive and...
  3. Viewing photos and playing video clips

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Viewing photos and playing video clips: Hi, I have never had a problem with viewing video clips or photos on my pc, until today! Most of the photos are .png or .jpeg and the video clips are .movI took these on my iphone and transferred them on to my pc, but now half the photos won't open some of them were sent to...
  4. Viewing photos and playing video clips

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Viewing photos and playing video clips: Hi, I have never had a problem with viewing video clips or photos on my pc, until today! Most of the photos are .png or .jpeg and the video clips are .movI took these on my iphone and transferred them on to my pc, but now half the photos won't open some of them were sent to...
  5. Blank clip video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank clip video: How can i fix the clip that goes blank?. The video has an audio but the video is blank. How can i fix the video that has been recorded so i can see the clip or some setting that prevent it from happen again....
  6. Blank clip video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank clip video: How can i fix the clip that goes blank?. The video has an audio but the video is blank. How can i fix the video that has been recorded so i can see the clip or some setting that prevent it from happen again....
  7. Recovering a video clip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recovering a video clip: When I am recording using Microsoft DVR my computer lost power due to a power cut and I turned it on again, but the recorded video clip cannot be played. Is there a way to recover this clip or play it? This video is very important to me...
  8. Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive

Viewing Video Files From External Hard Drive: I am looking to view video files on my XBOX 1 and smart TV's that I have stored on a external hard drive that is connected to my windows 10 PC. I can view the files that are on my PC from these devices but cannot view the files contained on my external hard drive. I have...
  9. Viewing files on external hard drive

Viewing files on external hard drive: I'm trying to view the files on my external hard drive My Passport for Mac using a Windows 10 laptop. I can see the drive and the Properties but I can't view the files. It is telling me to right click the hard drive icon but that doesn't help. What is the easiest way to...
  10. Video Clip Distortion

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Clip Distortion: Sudden problem on my Lenovo laptop running Widows 10. For no apparent reason downloaded video clips, and some You Tube clips are unwatchable. It appears as though a small part of the original picture is magnified to fill the entire screen. Help, please!...