Windows 10: Trying add someone to my pc, prompt says "Search for app in the Store?"

Discus and support Trying add someone to my pc, prompt says "Search for app in the Store?" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm trying to add a new account to my laptop, but it won't let me add as a family member or a new user. All the prompt says is "Search for an app in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Silver Rhapsody, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Trying add someone to my pc, prompt says "Search for app in the Store?"

I'm trying to add a new account to my laptop, but it won't let me add as a family member or a new user. All the prompt says is "Search for an app in the Store?" "You need to install an app for this task." I selected both "Add a family member" and "Add someone else to this PC" but they both do the same thing. And when I select "yes" the Microsoft Store has an error and says to try again.

:)

Silver Rhapsody, Sep 22, 2020

2. whenever I try to search anything on windows 10 store the store will automatically close

Hello,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• From when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2020
  3. Have lost my Windows Store app and don't know where to find it.

Hi Renick,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left pane.
    • Click on “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, suggest you to reset the PC by following the steps provided below:

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Update and Security>Recovery.
    • In the right pane click on ‘Get Started’ under the option to ‘Reset this PC’.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to reset the PC.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Trying add someone to my pc, prompt says "Search for app in the Store?"

Search box and App store

Hi Divya,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I would suggest you to try running Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the
      Search
      area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    I suggest you to check if Windows search service is running.

• Press Windows + R key and type "services.msc" and press
      enter.
    • Locate the Windows Search service and right click on it.
    • Click on Properties and check the
      start option has been enabled.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Trying add someone to my pc, prompt says "Search for app in the Store?"

1. Trying add someone to my pc, prompt says "Search for app in the Store?" - Similar Threads - Trying add someone

2. Windows 11 prompting to search the store when trying to open programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 prompting to search the store when trying to open programs: i have now tried with 2 different programs that should just be plug and play. When i try to open the program i just get "do you want to search for a app in the store" as if my newly installed windows is missing something to run a simple program. I have changed the settings...
  3. Windows 11 prompting to search the store when trying to open programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 prompting to search the store when trying to open programs: i have now tried with 2 different programs that should just be plug and play. When i try to open the program i just get "do you want to search for a app in the store" as if my newly installed windows is missing something to run a simple program. I have changed the settings...
  4. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in: Whenever I press "Sign in" on the starting screen, Windows prompts me to search for an app in the store for the task. List of fixes I have already tried: - Resetting PC Could not reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - System Restore Also denied - Unplugging power...
  5. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in: Whenever I press "Sign in" on the starting screen, Windows prompts me to search for an app in the store for the task. List of fixes I have already tried: - Resetting PC Could not reset, "There was a problem resetting your PC" - System Restore Also denied - Unplugging power...
  6. "Search for app in the Store?" upon trying to sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Disable add someone else to this pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable add someone else to this pc: Hi I am running windows 10 pro and I want to disable the ability to add a new user to the pc? If not limiting what new user access to the internet or files would help?I have already enabled block microsoft accounts, this does nothing. Why is that considered a solution?...
  8. Windows 10 add someone to this PC popup says "you need to install an app for this task"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 add someone to this PC popup says "you need to install an app for this task": When I try and add a new user to my brand new Windows10 PC i.e. add someone to this PC a a popup says "you need to install an app for this task" Search for app in store. The store then says Try that again page could not be loaded..... how do I add a second user without this...
  9. Someone trying to Hack my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone trying to Hack my PC: I have attempted to access my PINTEREST account. When I push PINTEREST in the SEARCH block I have checked the website security key next to the search and it clearly states PINTEREST from California. However, next to my tabs at the top left hand corner of my screen it states...
  10. Windows 10 1909, Add someone else to this PC, POP up window "Search for app in the Store"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 1909, Add someone else to this PC, POP up window "Search for app in the Store": When I try to add a new account in Settings, Accounts under Family & other users a Window pops up to Search for app in the Store? You need to install an app for this task . . . Yes No. Selecting Yes basically gives window that says Try that again. I am using a Local Account...