Windows 10: trying again: no image after may upgrade

Discus and support trying again: no image after may upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Upgraded to May 2020 refresh of Windows 10 after second announcement of its availability became solid on Windows upgrade. The first upgrade did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rboris, Jul 23, 2020.

1. rboris Win User

trying again: no image after may upgrade

Upgraded to May 2020 refresh of Windows 10 after second announcement of its availability became solid on Windows upgrade.
    The first upgrade did not work at all and I thought that this new one would.
    Compared to the first upgrade it did in that it completed perfectly.
    BUT
    Then my problems started and to deal with these I have to back up a bit and tell you about my video connections (because that is where the problems lie, I believe).
    I have two NEC P242W-BK monitors.
    And I have two identical computers: ASRock X79; 16 GB; Samsung SSD; Several hard drives. Only one computer is attached at a time.
    Each has a display port and an HDMI port (along with a DVI port).
    My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680. That card has three ports corresponding to the displays: display port; HDMI; DVI.
    There is also a MacBook PRO, about 5 years old.
    The ASRock computers are attached to the display port and to the HDMI port. And Windows has always found these ports.
    The MacBook PRO is attached to the spare port on each monitor (again, display port and HDMI) to the Mini Port on the MacBook.
    SO, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
    Windows starts very, very slowly from a cold start with the dotted circle taking five minutes before booting into Windows, which eventually happens. N.B.: I shutdown normally but ever since I've installed Windows 10, I can restart the computer by taping the keyboard. I think the computer is in some halfway space between real hard shutdown and hibernation.
    After shutdown I have no images at all on my screens although it is clear that Windows is there has booted.
    If I hold the left shift key when I shutdown the computer really shuts BUT then I get a cold start with all of its problems.
    I think the computer cant find the video ports.
    Any help would be more than welcome.
    Thank you.

:)

rboris, Jul 23, 2020

2. trying again: no image after may upgrade

Hi.

There is known issue with Nvida drivers.

trying again: no image after may upgrade [​IMG]

From this thread

Known and Resolved issues for Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

What level is yours?

If you go to device manager are any devices reporting issues after the jump to V2004? (yellow exclamation marks)

Think I would simplify things. Disconnect the MacBook. Disable Windows Fast Startup and hibernation with the command

powercfg -h off

To reverse later you switch the word off to on.

Assuming you are not using Raid or Windows Storage spaces disconnect all storage drives other than boot. Don't do this if you are using a raid or storage spaces.

We have seen on numerous occasions a drive will hold up the boot process.

With Fast Startup disabled and drives disconnected test.

Not sure what you mean when you do a true cold start with the words "all of its problems". What problems.

Is your BIOS up to date? Not saying to update, asking is it at the highest level?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 30, 2020
  3. rboris Win User

Upgraded to May 2020 refresh of Windows 10 after second announcement of its availability became solid on Windows upgrade.
    The first upgrade did not work at all and I thought that this new one would.
    Compared to the first upgrade it did in that it completed perfectly.
    BUT
    Then my problems started and to deal with these I have to back up a bit and tell you about my video connections (because that is where the problems lie, I believe).
    I have two NEC P242W-BK monitors.
    And I have two identical computers: ASRock X79; 16 GB; Samsung SSD; Several hard drives. Only one computer is attached at a time.
    Each has a display port and an HDMI port (along with a DVI port).
    My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680. That card has three ports corresponding to the display’s: display port; HDMI; DVI.
    There is also a MacBook PRO, about 5 years old.
    The ASRock computers are attached to the display port and to the HDMI port. And Windows has always found these ports.
    The MacBook PRO is attached to the spare port on each monitor (again, display port and HDMI) to the Mini Port on the MacBook.
    SO, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?
    Windows starts very, very slowly from a cold start with the dotted circle taking five minutes before booting into Windows, which eventually happens. N.B.: I shutdown normally but ever since I've installed Windows 10, I can restart the computer by taping the keyboard. I think the computer is in some halfway space between real hard shutdown and hibernation.
    After shutdown I have no images at all on my screens although it is clear that Windows is “there” has booted.
    If I hold the left shift key when I shutdown the computer really shuts BUT then I get a cold start with all of its problems.
    I think the computer can’t find the video ports.
    Any help would be more than welcome.
    Thank you.

rboris, Jul 30, 2020
  4. trying again: no image after may upgrade

[HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. trying again: no image after may upgrade - Similar Threads - trying again image

2. Youtube "Try again"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube "Try again": READ ME.Using FireTV on Samsung TV. All other Apps connect and work. Only YouTube reports "Try again". Have cleared data and cache. Home network is active and working.Reply to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. Youtube "Try again"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube "Try again": READ ME.Using FireTV on Samsung TV. All other Apps connect and work. Only YouTube reports "Try again". Have cleared data and cache. Home network is active and working.Reply to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. Try that again error

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Try that again error: Try that again in Store error code 0x803F8001. I have Windows 10. I dont use Store that much but today I need to download an app but I have that error. Store troubleshooter didnt help and I have updated Windows 10. Help?...
  5. Try that again error

Try that again error: Try that again in Store error code 0x803F8001. I have Windows 10. I dont use Store that much but today I need to download an app but I have that error. Store troubleshooter didnt help and I have updated Windows 10. Help?...
  6. Trying again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying again: As mentioned from my last post, I was writing my story. Here's the problem.My tab should have a space above it, but it doesn't. Please, I'm requiring any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-again/e602cbc6-d3af-4a15-a68b-4f5b01392b9d
  7. Trying again

Trying again: As mentioned from my last post, I was writing my story. Here's the problem.My tab should have a space above it, but it doesn't. Please, I'm requiring any help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-again/e602cbc6-d3af-4a15-a68b-4f5b01392b9d
  8. Trying again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. windows 10 may upgrade kills image on monitors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 may upgrade kills image on monitors: Upgraded to May 2020 refresh of Windows 10 after second announcement of its availability became solid on Windows upgrade. The first upgrade did not work at all and I thought that this new one would. Compared to the first upgrade it did in that it completed perfectly. BUT...
  10. would it be ok to try to upgrade from 7 to 10 again?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    would it be ok to try to upgrade from 7 to 10 again?: hello yesterday I upgrade from 7 to 10 worked fine today I was like, "maybe I can do a clean install" and from what I saw you can but when I upgraded I just got error: 0xC004C003 and only options to change my key (don't have one) or buy one.... so I'm thinking maybe I should...