Windows 10: Trying and failing to install Win 10

Discus and support Trying and failing to install Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Trying and failing to install Win 10 on win 7 installaTION started and faced with boot failure everytime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tarigAlabwabi, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Trying and failing to install Win 10

Trying and failing to install Win 10 on win 7

installaTION started and faced with boot failure everytime

:)

tarigAlabwabi, Dec 25, 2020
  2. chideock Win User

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Dec 25, 2020
  3. kajson Win User
    Win 10 clean install question

So I spend the day yesterday installing the computer, using a prepared usb key with windows 10 on it.

I got it all sorted in the end but I'll share my fails anyways so others might learn:

Do not try to do a clean install win with win 10 home N, when you come from a machine with just win 10 home. It won't activate *Wink Trying and failing to install Win 10 ;) After reinstalling with the right copy, it was already activated right away after the first boot, didn't even have to initialise it.

There hasn't changed a whole lot in making clean install compared to older versions of windows, it's slightly better streamlined, though being asked at 3 different stages to enter a product key when it's not needed during install seems a bit annoying.

Further more it would be lovely if Microsoft finally learned to ask ALL questions regarding preferences updates and whatnot in one go, so you can then go away from your computer and come back to a fully installed/updated system including reboots.. Not impossible I would say.

There's still some little bugs, like when I installed realtek audio drivers, they'd go into an infinite loop asking for reboot and install the driver. And as a PDF reader isn't in the list of standard programs to select, foxitreader keeps saying it is not the default reader for pdf's even though I had said yes to the question 3x. If this fails to get file associations for PDF's I do hope Microsoft will fix this asap.

Thanks for the fast answers earlier guys, it gave me the confidence that all would be well, even when I cocked up the first install with the N version.

kajson, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Trying and failing to install Win 10

What is causing Prime 95 to keep failing all the time in the first 10 minutes?

...and what will be your next step if THAT fails to make Prime stable? More volts?

I would think you would want to be using the LEAST amount of volts possible (for heat and longevity issues). That's why I suggested you use a more scientific approach to troubleshooting your instabilty. Meaning, IF your RAM passes 10 loops of MemTest with no errors at the speed you are trying to run, AND Prime continues to fail, THEN consider giving a bump to NB, FSB and Vcore (in that order).

Dr. Spankenstein, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Trying and failing to install Win 10

1. Trying and failing to install Win 10 - Similar Threads - Trying failing install

2. win 10 failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 failed to install: win 10 install "failed in the safe__os phase with an error during boot operation"0x1900101 - 0x20017Boy do I need help - it took me 6 days to get this far and I thought I had it made when it came to the install step BUT . . .I see that others have had an identical problem but...
  3. Repair install for win 10 failing

Repair install for win 10 failing: I have Win 10 home ,version 20H2,Build 19042.685. I want to do a repair install be to no avail. I have the win .iso from the Creation kit on a usb drive.I mounted it and tried numerous time running it but not working. Windows update is messed up and I would like to do a...
  4. Win 10 install failed

Win 10 install failed: How to solve this error message when installing Win 10...thank you.... "windows setup cannot start due to missing installation files. If you previously launched setup from a local directory, copy all the installation files to the directory again and relaunch setup"...
  5. win 10 keep trying to update and fails

win 10 keep trying to update and fails: I did the free update from win 7 to win 10. Everything works fine except about every 2 or 3 months win says I am m out of time and must update. I select now and it reboots a couple times and then stop at 100%. I have to reboot three times and it recycles back the 'old'...
  6. Failed Win 10 Home Install

Failed Win 10 Home Install: Hi all trying to install win 10 Home to my new Desktop PC but I get this error message after a blue screen: Page Fault in Non Paged Area and below that Stop Code I get: 'What at Fault: Win Fsf.sys' Really need help here as I have no idea what is happening? Thanks...
  7. Win 10 update fail to install.

Win 10 update fail to install.: Tried to install the update, this popped out. [ATTACH] is there a solution to this? Make: Asus Model: N56VZ 8GB RAM WIN 10 Home 64Bit (build 17763.316, Version 1809)...
  8. Win 10 Anniversary fails to install

Win 10 Anniversary fails to install: My anniversary update failed near 80% complete showing: 0x80070017-0x2000c...failed in SAFE_OS phase...error APPLY_IMAGE operation. I suspect a hard drive problem as it makes noises. I have a new hard drive that I would like to replace the old one with. It is new (WD 1 TB...
  9. trying to install Win 10 after earlier installation failed

trying to install Win 10 after earlier installation failed: Had Windows 10 working on a dual-boot disk with PCLOS. Something happened to Win 10 and it would not connect to the Ethernet anymore. Tried several times to "reset" it, finally gave up. Looked at disk with GParted and whole partition was empty! The original Win 10 was an...
  10. Failed Win 10 Installation

Failed Win 10 Installation: . I have 5 PC/Laptops with W7- W8.1 (2 to 7 years old) and I was able to upgrade with no problems to WIN 10. I have 2 identical New PC (2 months old with Win 8.1 Pro) : Pentium G3258 MB ASROCK H97M-ITX/AC H97 ITX R RAM: 8GB G Skill WD 1000GB Installed first Win8...