Windows 10: Trying new email client Comcast Server

Discus and support Trying new email client Comcast Server in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I currently have Thunderbird email ( POP3) installed in my wife's desktop. Server is Comcast. She does not like it. I would like her to try another... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportflyer, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Trying new email client Comcast Server

I currently have Thunderbird email ( POP3) installed in my wife's desktop. Server is Comcast. She does not like it. I would like her to try another email client . Do I have to disable Thunderbird email before I install and setup another new email client ? I suppose I have to setup new email client as POP3 account and not IMAP to avoid conflict? I am wondering whether Comcast server would allow both types of account temporarily .

She likes a simple email client , does not need features , does not like Conversation mode . So I think Windows 10 email is probably good enough for her. Any other suggestions?

TKs

:)

sportflyer, Feb 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Email App Will Not Download from Comcast's Server

I recently purchased a new HP desktop with Windows 10. I use Comcast for my email. When I set up the email app, it will copy email from the Comcast server but will not pull it off the server as it did with Windows 7.

I was told by Microsoft tech support that is how it works. Is this correct? Is that is so, I will have to access my email frequently on Comcast's website to delete the messages there so I do not exceed my capacity. Is there a workaround for this?

Dennis7606, Feb 20, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    how do i get my email from my comcast account

If you get your email from the internet:

1. Open any web browser.
    2. Go to https://connect.xfinity.com/
    3. Sign in to your Comcast account
    4. Click or tap on Mail in the menu at the top of the page.

If you get your email from an email program:

Configure Your Email Settings to Comcast Email - from Comcast

BulldogXX, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Trying new email client Comcast Server

Need help with Comcast email please

Hi Martina,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• Are you using Comcast email on the mail app or on the web?
    • Are you getting any error message/code when email is loading?
    • If you are using web to launch Comcast email then have you tried any other browser? Was the result same?

If you are using mail app then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

However, you may try the steps mentioned in the article provided below except troubleshooter. Try to run the troubleshooter from
    here.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Do get back to us with all these information and result of proposed suggestion we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Trying new email client Comcast Server

1. Trying new email client Comcast Server - Similar Threads - Trying email client

2. Can't get incoming emails in outlook (Comcast)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get incoming emails in outlook (Comcast): I have comcast. I have windows 10. I can't get in coming emails. What do I need to do to fix this? * Moved from IE10/Win 8 * Original title: In coming emails in outlook....
  3. New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1: New update to Thunderbird - 60.6.1 Security fixes. Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.6.1) — Mozilla 129570
  4. Client/Server architecture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Client/Server architecture: Hi there, I would like to download /install/run -the Oracle Virtual Box -then WinServer 2016, then client win 10 on VB. My NOTEBOOK profile: TOSHIBA Satellite P750, Processor 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM, 627.39 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity and Windows 10...
  5. New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client 60.3.2 Available: New Thunderbird Release - 60.3.2 Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.3.2) — Mozilla Download: Thunderbird — Software made to make email easier. — Mozilla 122587
  6. POP3 email clients

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POP3 email clients: I have Windows 10 Pro and I'm desperately trying to find a program that actually works using POP3. I've tried Yandex, Mailbird, (which I have paid full price for in 2016 and 2018 when it said POP3 with NO constructive help from them to get it to work) Thunderbird but have...
  7. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....
  8. Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ropemaker - new Exploit for Desktop Email Clients: Mimecast (Email security vendor) has publish a warning today about possible email exploit called Ropemaker. A new type of email exploit could affect all kind of computer users, even the most advanced. Practically all desktop email clients are vulnerable to this exploit if...
  9. New Thunderbird Email Client Released

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client Released: New Thunderbird Email client 52.7.0 released 03/23/18. Minor bugs and security fixes. [img] 106649
  10. Comcast

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Comcast: Hello I have a gateway from Comcast which has a router within. I noticed the SSID was different so I went to the router and it was open without using my password. The set up appeared different too. I had typed 10.0...... and it opened to my account without using a password....