Windows 10: Trying new email client Comcast Server

Discus and support Trying new email client Comcast Server in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I currently have Thunderbird email ( POP3) installed in my wife's desktop. Server is Comcast. She does not like it. I would like her to try another... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sportflyer, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Trying new email client Comcast Server

I currently have Thunderbird email ( POP3) installed in my wife's desktop. Server is Comcast. She does not like it. I would like her to try another email client . Do I have to disable Thunderbird email before I install and setup another new email client ? I suppose I have to setup new email client as POP3 account and not IMAP to avoid conflict? I am wondering whether Comcast server would allow both types of account temporarily .

She likes a simple email client , does not need features , does not like Conversation mode . So I think Windows 10 email is probably good enough for her. Any other suggestions?

TKs

:)

sportflyer, Feb 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 Email App Will Not Download from Comcast's Server

I recently purchased a new HP desktop with Windows 10. I use Comcast for my email. When I set up the email app, it will copy email from the Comcast server but will not pull it off the server as it did with Windows 7.

I was told by Microsoft tech support that is how it works. Is this correct? Is that is so, I will have to access my email frequently on Comcast's website to delete the messages there so I do not exceed my capacity. Is there a workaround for this?

Dennis7606, Feb 20, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    how do i get my email from my comcast account

If you get your email from the internet:

1. Open any web browser.
    2. Go to https://connect.xfinity.com/
    3. Sign in to your Comcast account
    4. Click or tap on Mail in the menu at the top of the page.

If you get your email from an email program:

Configure Your Email Settings to Comcast Email - from Comcast

BulldogXX, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Trying new email client Comcast Server

Need help with Comcast email please

Hi Martina,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue. However, I would appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down the issue in order to provide
    you with better assistance.

• Are you using Comcast email on the mail app or on the web?
    • Are you getting any error message/code when email is loading?
    • If you are using web to launch Comcast email then have you tried any other browser? Was the result same?

If you are using mail app then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

However, you may try the steps mentioned in the article provided below except troubleshooter. Try to run the troubleshooter from
    here.

Troubleshoot problems with an app

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Do get back to us with all these information and result of proposed suggestion we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

Trying new email client Comcast Server

1. Trying new email client Comcast Server - Similar Threads - Trying email client

2. New email client from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New email client from Microsoft?: I heard recently of a new email client from Microsoft. I can't remember the name and I don't remember where I read it.Can you tell me if there is a new email client coming?Nigel...
  3. New email client from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New email client from Microsoft?: I heard recently of a new email client from Microsoft. I can't remember the name and I don't remember where I read it.Can you tell me if there is a new email client coming?Nigel...
  4. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Comcast email icon: I have Windows 10 on my new laptop, using microsoft edge. how do i get an icon for comcast email? it's not in the start menu. RIght now, I have it in my favorites bar, but it would be more convenient in my task bar. I'm not crazy about Windows Mail....
  5. Comcast email icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comcast email icon: I have Windows 10 on my new laptop, using microsoft edge. how do i get an icon for comcast email? it's not in the start menu. RIght now, I have it in my favorites bar, but it would be more convenient in my task bar. I'm not crazy about Windows Mail....
  6. Comcast email icon

7. Outlook Email not downloading on Comcast server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook Email not downloading on Comcast server: I am not receiving my Comcast Email through my long-time Outlook account. Every time I start the computer, there's a pop-up box that asks me to enter my user name, with ********** in the password box. It does not go away when I click on the OK box. It keeps popping up no...
  8. Cannot Receive Email From Comcast

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Receive Email From Comcast: The last topic I started to this forum got essentially no response for what is now 3 weeks. I'm hoping for a better result. (If anyone's interested, the thread title is Cannot Access Outlook Email - Password Problem). Anyway, my best friend has his email at PTD.net. And it...
  9. Photos App - new email client

Photos App - new email client: Hello, I use Mailbird as my email client. It is set as the default email client in settings. Photos wants me to use 'Mail' when I hit the share button for a photo. Is there a way to get it to use Mailbird for this function? I can't see anywhere in Photos / Settings....
  10. Looking for a new email client

in Browsers and Email
    Looking for a new email client: I’ve been using the MS Office 2007 suite including Outlook since it was new! I want to convert to open source LibreOffice and remove MS Office completely so need a new mail client. I also use Opera as my default browser. I like the look and function of Mailbird but it seems...