Windows 10: Trying to access a USB hard drive on my laptop but I keep getting this error message.

Discus and support Trying to access a USB hard drive on my laptop but I keep getting this error message. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gar_Forman_Is_Jewish [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gar_Forman_Is_Jewish, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Trying to access a USB hard drive on my laptop but I keep getting this error message.

/u/Gar_Forman_Is_Jewish, Oct 29, 2019
  2. DannibusX Win User

Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Oct 29, 2019
  3. SVLingam Win User
    My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Angata Win User

Trying to access a USB hard drive on my laptop but I keep getting this error message.

USB drive on TP Link router not accessible to only one laptop

All laptops but one can access the USB drive on \\tplinklogin.net. All other devices have no problem either, phones etc.
    The error message reads:

Trying to access a USB hard drive on my laptop but I keep getting this error message. [​IMG]

The laptop has been away for over a month on another network and I suspect the access has been disabled due to that. Any suggestions?

Angata, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Trying to access a USB hard drive on my laptop but I keep getting this error message.

1. Trying to access a USB hard drive on my laptop but I keep getting this error message. - Similar Threads - Trying access USB

2. frequent error trying to access external hard drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent error trying to access external hard drives: My wife's Windows 11 computer, a Dell Optiplex 7080 micro, has three external USB hard drives connected to it. She uses them for backup of particularly important files.Intermittently, but far too often, when she goes to save a file on one of these drives, she'll get a small...
  3. frequent error trying to access external hard drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent error trying to access external hard drives: My wife's Windows 11 computer, a Dell Optiplex 7080 micro, has three external USB hard drives connected to it. She uses them for backup of particularly important files.Intermittently, but far too often, when she goes to save a file on one of these drives, she'll get a small...
  4. I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.: I need to eject my external SSD from windows 11. When I use the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" button I get a message saying "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." How do I know what...
  5. I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.

I get an error when trying to eject USB drive.: I need to eject my external SSD from windows 11. When I use the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" button I get a message saying "This device is currently in use. Close any programs or windows that might be using the device, and then try again." How do I know what...
  6. getting this error when trying to access my external hard drive (description in the comments)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    getting this error when trying to access my external hard drive (description in the comments): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jeedsdouble [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irxbiq/getting_this_error_when_trying_to_access_my/
  7. I get an error message when I try to access my email

I get an error message when I try to access my email: I get an error message when trying gain access to my email accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-get-an-error-message-when-i-try-to-access-my/d985c525-e4e6-466b-a9c5-070b1dbf1db2
  8. Can not access external hard drive getting message "D:\ is not accessible - The parameter...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not access external hard drive getting message "D:\ is not accessible - The parameter...: Can not access external hard drive getting message "D:\ is not accessible - The parameter is incorrect" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-access-external-hard-drive-getting-message/1bd14e9f-96c6-467b-bb5f-407a697fb96b"
  9. USB hard drive is not accessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB hard drive is not accessible: I just tried to access my external usb hard drive and was unable to do so. Received error message: "E:\ is not accessible - the disk structure is corrupted and unreadable". I just updated all my drivers 2 days ago so I tried plugging the drive into my laptop which has the...
  10. My Laptop Keeps Getting "No Internet Access" Message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Laptop Keeps Getting "No Internet Access" Message: Hello everyone, My laptop keeps getting the "No Internet Access" message. I would connect to my router using Wi-Fi and after some time the message would appear on the small window which is used for connecting to networks. Then I would have to reconnect to the network and it...