Windows 10: Trying to access files from a Samsung smartphone with SMB

Discus and support Trying to access files from a Samsung smartphone with SMB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I used to access my computer files from the files app on my Samsung device by logging in through SMB. However, since windows 10 got rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jorgeehf, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Jorgeehf Win User

Trying to access files from a Samsung smartphone with SMB

Hi,

I used to access my computer files from the files app on my Samsung device by logging in through SMB.

However, since windows 10 got rid of traditional passwords, I can´t log in anymore through the app because it asks for the user password, which now does not exist. I tried setting the PIN but did not work, nor with my Microsoft Account´s password.

I hope someone has a solution to this problem

:)

Jorgeehf, Sep 14, 2020
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Sep 14, 2020
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Sep 14, 2020
  4. emelsom Win User

I am hoping Microsoft themselves, is picking this question up, and taking this seriously, and will answer this urgently, as it is causing us all so much frustration.

emelsom, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to access files from a Samsung smartphone with SMB - Similar Threads - Trying access files

2. uplaod photos from smartphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uplaod photos from smartphone: Why can't I upload photos to my desktop from my smartphone? I have Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uplaod-photos-from-smartphone/8e97222e-bd54-44c5-adf0-d0bc9bca4307
  3. uplaod photos from smartphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uplaod photos from smartphone: Why can't I upload photos to my desktop from my smartphone? I have Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uplaod-photos-from-smartphone/8e97222e-bd54-44c5-adf0-d0bc9bca4307
  4. Samsung Galaxy Smartphones and Tablets Android Enterprise Recommended

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Galaxy Smartphones and Tablets Android Enterprise Recommended: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced that it will join Android Enterprise Recommended, a Google-led program aimed at making it easier for enterprise businesses to integrate mobile solutions into their operations. Samsung’s participation in the program...
  5. Introducing the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 smartphone

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 smartphone: [media] The Galaxy Z Fold2 is Samsung’s third-generation foldable device, pairing a stunning and bold design with refined engineering to push the boundaries of mobile experiences. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd today unveiled the next generation of its...
  6. Samsung Begins Production of Fastest Storage for Flagship Smartphones

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Production of Fastest Storage for Flagship Smartphones: The new 512GB eUFS 3.1 stores 8K videos and large-size image files without buffering [img] Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced memory technology, today announced that it has begun mass producing the industry’s first 512-gigabyte (GB) eUFS...
  7. Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16GB LPDDR5 DRAM for Smartphones

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung Begins Mass Production of 16GB LPDDR5 DRAM for Smartphones: Based on Samsung’s 2nd-generation 10nm-class process technology, the 16GB LPDDR5 mobile DRAM package delivers industry’s highest performance and largest capacity [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., a world leader in advanced memory technology,...
  8. SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name: The files inside my file shares do not show up at all when i type my domain name in windows explorer but they show up when i access it through my ip. why does this happen?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  9. Unable to access SMB file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  10. Samsung breaks 1TB threshold for eUFS Smartphone storage

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung breaks 1TB threshold for eUFS Smartphone storage: Powered by the company’s fifth-generation V-NAND, the new Universal Flash Storage offers 20x more storage than a 64GB internal memory and 10x the speed of a typical microSD card for data-intensive applications [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, the world leader in advanced...