Windows 10: Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally

Discus and support Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my brother has a NAS and has forgotten the login details (duh) cant reset the device as he will lose his data therefore I have taken the HDD out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bartjunited, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally

my brother has a NAS and has forgotten the login details (duh)
    cant reset the device as he will lose his data

therefore I have taken the HDD out and put it into a HDD caddy to connect locally to my laptop

however as it was a NAS the disk is formatted in a certain format and has no drive letter assigned.

see picture attached

Im not sure what I should do here.

Do i need to try and convert the data partition to NTFS or FAT32 using MIniTool?

Ultimately what id like to do is get the data transferred off the drive , then format it and set the NAS up again for him

TIA

Bart

:)

bartjunited, Dec 17, 2020

2. Unable to access Local Disks (CTrying to access HDD from a NAS locally :), (DTrying to access HDD from a NAS locally :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally

My brother has a lacie NAS and cant remember the username and password that we used when we set it up and cant access the web portal and its not sitting on his network.

I thought there was a way to access it locally by using an ethernet cable and using a local ip address but I cant remember how.

Any ideas what we can do? I cant reset the device as it will wipe his data.

LAst resort can I unscrew the caddy and plug the HDD into a USB caddy to access the files?

TIA Bart

W10 1903

bartjunited, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Johankaan Win User

Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally

1. Trying to access HDD from a NAS locally - Similar Threads - Trying access HDD

2. Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access NAS from Domain Computers: Inconsistent access to NAS file shares QNAP from Windows 10 DomainWhile there are more than just 2 machines in our environment, I will refer to a few as:Machine-1 : Everything works FineMachine-2 : Inconsistent Access to NASALL network settings with the exception of the...
  3. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  4. Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally

Unable to login into NAS - can i access it locally: My brother has a lacie NAS and cant remember the username and password that we used when we set it up and cant access the web portal and its not sitting on his network. I thought there was a way to access it locally by using an ethernet cable and using a local ip address but...
  5. NAS died along with HDDs. Can't even access the NAS after removing HDD

NAS died along with HDDs. Can't even access the NAS after removing HDD: TerraMaster F2-220 died last night. Fan was on full power and it disappeared from my network. Tried turning it off and on again and that's when it died. Both HDD LED lights went red and the LAN LED went out. So now it's just sat there, It can't be located anywhere on my...
  6. Need a 1TB backup restored from OneDrive to a local NAS HDD and cant copy from OneDrive due...

Need a 1TB backup restored from OneDrive to a local NAS HDD and cant copy from OneDrive due...: Hi there, In order to work with Lightroom directory tree from a previous failed NAS which was backed up to OneDrive I need the ca 1TB pictures restored to a like structure on a new NAS. When trying to Restore / copy picture files from my local Onedrive folder to an external...
  7. Access to NAS from laptop

Access to NAS from laptop: Hello, I recently bought a NAS (Helios4) running on openmediavault. I installed the OS in the NAS, I then followed all the procedures to install openmediavault but I do not manage to see the NAS among my networks. I can enter the NAS from my pc by typing its IP and make...
  8. NAS Drive now a HDD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    NAS Drive now a HDD: Hi all I have a LACIE NAS which Ive never really used properly as a NAS as I would turn it off when not using it and literally just used it to back stuff up once in a while. so i went to use it recently after about 6 months and it wouldnt turn on and i think there is...
  9. Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME

Which protocol for accessing NAS in local network - Win10 HOME: Hello, i have after each WIN update problems with accessing my NAS - configured SMB it seems Microsoft is trying to disable SMB1 feature we have 4 PCs & NB's with MS WIN 10 HOME, with MS Office, etc... and is anoying each time looking for solution to make it work again...
  10. Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer

Can't Access NAS from Windows Explorer: I have 2 NAS drives connected to my network, one is a Buffalo NAS and the other is a LaCie NAS. When I try to access the NAS on my Windows 10 Pro PCs, I get a message stating Error code 0x80070035 The network path was not found. I can access the management console for...