Windows 10: Trying to add a device to my account.

Discus and support Trying to add a device to my account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HectorFernandez Rodriguez, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Trying to add a device to my account.

I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see it under my account. I followed some other indications to overcome this problem without luck, so I decided to delete the device from my account in order to re-add it and see if that would fix it.

Now I am struggling to add it again.

Everywhere I just read that to add a device you have to:

"Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

However I don't have this option, because I am, indeed, already using a Microsoft account. I am of the impression that once you have deleted a device you cannot add it again. Is this some kind of bug?

Deleting my account and adding it again is not an option. I just want to add a device to my account.

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

HectorFernandez Rodriguez, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 10, 2019
  4. Trying to add a device to my account.

Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Trying to add a device to my account.

1. Trying to add a device to my account. - Similar Threads - Trying add device

2. Unable to add a device to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to add a device to Microsoft account: I was trying to install Minecraft but I was getting a popup saying "you don't have any device associated with this account"; however I was able to see it under my account. I followed some other indications to overcome this problem without luck, so I decided to delete the...
  3. add device!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    add device!!: hello again..... ive been trying to add my t580 samsung tablet to my laptop to no avail...ive been sitting here for 3 hours waiting and nothing has happened....help, many thanks charlotte mueller...
  4. Can I add new devices to my MS account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I add new devices to my MS account?: I use the same Microsoft account on three computers and I’d like to add another one. Can I add a new device to my Microsoft account or I have to remove one of them to be able to add another one? Thank you....
  5. add computer to my child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    add computer to my child's account: How do I add a computer to my child's account? I have added 3 devices to my older son's account, but he complains that hi gets shut off, but his younger brothers does not................. I am seeing no option of "adding another device" to my child's account....???...
  6. ADD A DEVICE TO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT Microsoft Edge FOR iOS and Android & BLUESTACKS

ADD A DEVICE TO MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT Microsoft Edge FOR iOS and Android & BLUESTACKS: Greetings, On the MS website it states you can add another device to your MS account. However, it doesn't have a place on the said website to add anything besides a Microsoft device. I.e. Windows phone, etc... I also just read on another Microsoft website page that you can...
  7. Win 10 No devices showing up when I try to add a device

Win 10 No devices showing up when I try to add a device: Specifically my Bluetooth Xbox One Controller, I've done this multiple times before and it has worked fine but now it's just being an idiot. I thought it might be my internet but everything else works just fine but not this. Few minutes ago I was unable to remove the device...
  8. How do I re-add a device on my Microsoft account?

How do I re-add a device on my Microsoft account?: I accidentally removed the one of the two PCs under devices on my Microsoft account, I can now only see the device that I didn't remove and I couldn't find any other thread online that dealt with this issue. Both PCs are on Windows 10. Thanks....
  9. Adding a Device to My Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding a Device to My Account: I accidentally removed a new computer from my Microsoft account. How can I add it again please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/adding-a-device-to-my-account/e4dd57b7-bb02-4c40-9b5a-9b64328f9440"
  10. Add a device

Add a device: Hi, Add a device How do I add a device (Scanner) to the Windows list of devices? My scanner an Epson Perfection V500 Photo is working. It is USB connected yet I can not find it in device manager. It shows as not connected in: Settings> Devices > Printers & scanners...