Windows 10: Trying to add a new Outlook account

Discus and support Trying to add a new Outlook account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to add a new account but it is asking me for a verification code which it has sent to new account. However, I can’t enter a code because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Guy7790, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Guy7790 Win User

Trying to add a new Outlook account

I am trying to add a new account but it is asking me for a verification code which it has sent to new account. However, I can’t enter a code because the email account doesn’t yet exist!! Hope this is clear. Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

:)

Guy7790, Jul 7, 2020
  2. alvez Win User

outlook account config

SO today my friend asked me if i could post this question on the forum:

He wants to configure a outlook account with 1 email, with that outlook account he wants to run the same account in 2 diferent computers he wants the both computer to be connected in network, for example:

• he receives a email and that email is sent to each computer;
    • he deletes a email from one computer and it also deletes on the other;
    • he moves a email to a folder it also moves on the other computer;
    If you guys can help me would be nice!
    Trying to add a new Outlook account [​IMG]
    thanks!

alvez, Jul 7, 2020
  3. How to add a Microsoft email account to Outlook 2016

I saw an old post describing the steps to add an msn.com email account to Microsoft Outlook. It had to be done manually selecting the first option and using blu404.m.hotmail as the server. If I try to do the same, however, I get an error message saying that the server can't be reached.

How can I add a Microsoft email account (hotmail/outlook) to desktop Outlook? I can use this email account in Outlook Live, (it shows Outlook Mail in the upper left corner of my emails), but I can't add it to Outlook 2016 from Office Professional. I was able to add an @att.net email account, but I don't know what to do for a Microsoft account.

If I try to add it without any manual steps I get an error message saying (more or less): "an encrypted email did not work, try and unencrypted email", but that does not work either. Clearly, some manual configuration is needed: please guide me along the required steps. In case it matters, my password is 8 characters long.

Karen Clayton, Jul 7, 2020
  4. RolandLam Win User

Installed Outlook Hotmail Connector, unable to add a new account, "add new account" function not responding. Any solution?

Just bought a new Win 7.5 phone. To sync the data from Outlook 2007, MS suggested to install Outlook Hotmail Connector.

Installed Outlook Hotmail Connector, unable to add a new account, "add new account" function not responding. Any solution? Thank you in advance.

RolandLam, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to add a new Outlook account - Similar Threads - Trying add Outlook

2. Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop: I have just purchased another laptop and trying to connect to my MS Account. Both my PC and Laptop are both on Win10 Pro, connected to wifi no issues.I tried searching for the answer and as advised, created another user under 'Family and other users' on the laptop using the...
  3. Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to add MS Account to my new laptop: I have just purchased another laptop and trying to connect to my MS Account. Both my PC and Laptop are both on Win10 Pro, connected to wifi no issues.I tried searching for the answer and as advised, created another user under 'Family and other users' on the laptop using the...
  4. outlook trying to add gmail account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    outlook trying to add gmail account: i get error 0x000000b every time need help windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-trying-to-add-gmail-account/0ffd2ff5-6d82-453f-96aa-bc106207ae37
  5. outlook trying to add gmail account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    outlook trying to add gmail account: i get error 0x000000b every time need help windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-trying-to-add-gmail-account/0ffd2ff5-6d82-453f-96aa-bc106207ae37
  6. New computer...trying to add a google account with no success

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer...trying to add a google account with no success: I'm trying to add my google account to a new computer with Microsoft but I'm getting this error..."Couldn't find settings" code# 0x80070490. I've looked at my google account and google has given permission to Microsoft for access on that end so I'm not sure what's going on....
  7. New computer...trying to add a google account with no success

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer...trying to add a google account with no success: I'm trying to add my google account to a new computer with Microsoft but I'm getting this error..."Couldn't find settings" code# 0x80070490. I've looked at my google account and google has given permission to Microsoft for access on that end so I'm not sure what's going on....
  8. Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot Add New Account to Outlook 365: I had to delete and start fresh with my Outlook profile due to Dragon Medical Practice Edition corrupting my Outlook file. Long story... I was able to add my Outlook.com and one of my Exchange email accounts. However, I cannot add my health system's Exchange account. It...
  9. Can't create new profile to add 365 account into Outlook

Can't create new profile to add 365 account into Outlook: Hope I've put this in the right category, it's a bit of a crossover between a few. I have a domain user that is unable to add their email into Outlook. They have downloaded the installer from the portal, then when they run outlook and enter their email address, they get an...
  10. ADD AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT?

ADD AN OUTLOOK ACCOUNT?: How can I set up an Outlook 2016 account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-an-outlook-account/a7062193-feba-4300-90df-db8ae7793084