Windows 10: Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app

Discus and support Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm new to Win 10 and have been setting up everything on a new HP desktop this weekend. I created extra folders in the inbox on the old desktop email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DianeWilliams8, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app

I'm new to Win 10 and have been setting up everything on a new HP desktop this weekend. I created extra folders in the inbox on the old desktop email account for ease of use and want to do the same on the new desktop. I have followed the helpful information on MicroSoft's page:
    How do I add or remove folders in Mail for Windows 10?

Mail for Windows 10 Outlook Mail for Windows 10
    but the + sign doesn't appear. Also tried the directions in Troubleshoot and nothing works, I went to the Store and checked for downloads/ updates. Nothing helped. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help! Diane

:)

DianeWilliams8, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Windows 10 mail app crash when emptying folder

Hi,

In order for us to identify the reason why Windows 10 Mail app is crashing when emptying a folder, we'd like to get the following information:

• Have you made any recent changes or applied an update to your device prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages or error codes? If yes, send us a screenshot.
    • What happens when you try emptying a different folder? Does the same issue occur?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest emptying a folder in Windows 10 Mail app using the steps provided in the article below and then check if the same issue will persist:

How do I empty a folder in Mail for Windows 10?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Sep 15, 2019
  4. vallero Win User

Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app

cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app

1. Trying to add folders in Win 10 mail app - Similar Threads - Trying add folders

2. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  3. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Mail app: I have trouble viewing in Mail on my desktop images sent embedded in messages from a friend's Iphone. Quite often the images are so large that only a small portion greatly enlarged is visible. Often they are shown rotated 90 degrees as well. I don't get messages from other...
  4. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Mail app: I have trouble viewing in Mail on my desktop images sent embedded in messages from a friend's Iphone. Quite often the images are so large that only a small portion greatly enlarged is visible. Often they are shown rotated 90 degrees as well. I don't get messages from other...
  5. Win 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Mail app: I have created folders in the More folders tab. Ex: Bank folder, then when I get mail in my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account from my bank that I have processed I can use theMove command to move it to More, Bank folder ans archive it there. I have been...
  6. Win 10 Mail App folders

Win 10 Mail App folders: I've asked a lot of times the following question but no one at MS will answer, so I'm making a new post to see if this can make them respond: I set up whatever the app is called that comes with Win10 to handle mail no - it's not Outlook, its the Mail app that comes w/Win10...
  7. Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App

Unable to add folders in Windows Mail App: Is there a registry setting(s) I could change so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall per other posts suggestions. Everything is working and I have currently 69,209 emails in my inbox and I don't see where there is an archive feature to re-import my emails for MS Mail....
  8. win 10 mail app stuck on add account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    win 10 mail app stuck on add account: L have tried resetting email app also removed and reinstalled app to no avail. When I enter any of my email addresses, the app says email address is already in use. Anyone have any other ideas...
  9. How to Add new Folder in Mail app

How to Add new Folder in Mail app: I am unable to add new folder in the app. the + sign is not available in more... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/how-to-add-new-folder-in-mail-app/eba6a52e-a019-454e-a1af-a203f296706e
  10. Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot Add Account to Win 10 Mail App: I am logged in to my Microsoft Account and am trying to add an email account to the Mail app by following Brink's tutorial Mail app - Add or Delete Account in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. When I get to step 9 and enter an email address and password, I get a message saying...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add folders to mail win 10

2. adding foldersin w10 mail

3. W10 mail wont add folders