Windows 10: Trying to add Google mail to Mail and get error 0x80040154

Discus and support Trying to add Google mail to Mail and get error 0x80040154 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying to add a google account to Mail and when I choose Google I get the message, 'something went wrong error 0x80040154' Has anyone had any... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Alicia J, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Alicia J Win User

Trying to add Google mail to Mail and get error 0x80040154

I'm trying to add a google account to Mail and when I choose Google I get the message,

'something went wrong error 0x80040154'

Has anyone had any success getting this feature to work? Or has anyone else found a way to solve this error?

Since posting this I did read a suggestion about adding it under IMAP/POP option instead of choosing add GMAIL. I tried this but since my Gmail has secure settings the test email was blocked. There is an option in Gmail setting to make the account less secure, but I don't want to do this.

:)

Alicia J, Dec 10, 2015
  2. mjosparky Win User

Error code "0x80040154", when I try to add an account to mail app.

Original Title: Opening mail

When I try to add an account to mail I get error code "0x80040154".

mjosparky, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 mail and calendar accounts vanished.

My Windows 10 mail and calendar accounts (live mail and Google) vanished and if I try to manually add them, I get various error messages of 0x800705e, or 0x80040154, or 0x8007054e. I cannot find a troubleshooter nor can I find a system restore point. It
    was working since my install of 2(?) weeks ago.

MichaelLoew, Dec 10, 2015
  4. Alicia J Win User

I did a clean install of Windows 10 and I will probably not try again anyway. No error when I opened it.

Alicia J, Jan 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Trying to add Google mail to Mail and get error 0x80040154 - Similar Threads - Trying add Google

2. Google Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Mail: I cannot set up my Google mail in my mail . It keeps coming up with error code 0x80070490 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-mail/f5ed88bb-2c01-49dc-966b-8551c4d56e49
  3. Error when trying to add Yahoo mail to Windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error when trying to add Yahoo mail to Windows 10 mail: Hi, I am repeatedly getting an error when trying to add Yahoo account to Windows 10 mail app. At this, I still getting email from Yahoo about "New sign-in". So, I downloaded good old Windows Live and added Yahoo to it without problems. So far, the issue is only with mail app...
  4. Mail add account error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail add account error: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/WatchingCrab94282 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc6xcb/mail_add_account_error/
  5. Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail and Google Mail: A family member is saying that on occasion when sending mail using Windows 10 mail the email goes into the Spam folder and not the Sent mail folder. It is a Google mail address which is used. I have checked that Google IMAP is enabled and checked all the settings in Windows...
  6. Cannot add Google to Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot add Google to Windows Mail: I have recently bought a Surface book 2 and my Windows 10 is brand new. Unfortunately I cannot add my Gmail account to WIndows Mail and I keep getting error: 0x8007042b. I have already looked up and tried different potential solutions from this forum or Google but nothing...
  7. add mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    add mail: hi, I cant add all my email address to my outlook mail.. pls guide me thru... tq maggie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-mail/0d0b2e75-bee0-4c64-9db3-b0e58b917be2
  8. Google Mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Mail: I cannot get my G Mail opened it keeps saying This page isn’t working mail.google.com redirected you too many times. Try clearing your cookies. ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS I have done what the page tells me to do this is work email and I can pull it up on yahoo but not G...
  9. Mail won't add E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Mail won't add E-Mail: I am going to try and be as brief but informative as I can. I have an InsightBB email account and yes I am aware that Insight was bought by Time Warner Cable who has now turned into Spectrum but the Email address still works. Here is what is going on. About 2 weeks ago...
  10. Mail System error "Can't get mail"

in Browsers and Email
    Mail System error "Can't get mail": Hi all, First, please let me know if this is in the wrong place. I can't for the life of me seem to get the Mail app to work, despite making an Outlook account (rather than my usual Yahoo! account) and several hours searching the web. I've put the error message in quote...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to add yahoo email to gmail app 404 error