Windows 10: Trying to add JRE 64 Bit for Libre office without success

Discus and support Trying to add JRE 64 Bit for Libre office without success in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I'm at a loss with this. I recently had a HD failure which has required a new HD and a fresh install of W10. I lost the Windows office style... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Barnaby44, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Barnaby44 Win User

Trying to add JRE 64 Bit for Libre office without success

Hello I'm at a loss with this.
    I recently had a HD failure which has required a new HD and a fresh install of W10. I lost the Windows office style extra that I had with the pc and don't seem able to re-install it so I got LibreOffice to allow me to compose letters etc.

I want to use Librebase to make a DataDase but I keep getting the error [ LibreOffice requires a 64-bit Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this task. Please install a JRE and restart LibreOffice.]
    I download the Java, it says successfully installed but as soon as I try to build the DataBase it gives that error message.

Can anyone give me any assistance please.
    I'm not to strong on the PC internals.

Thanks

:)

Barnaby44, Feb 17, 2020
  2. Frick Win User

open office or libre office

have not tried Libre. If I'm doing something linux again I'll sure try it out. I got an Office 2007 Ultimate key from work so on the windows side I use that.

Frick, Feb 17, 2020
  3. libre office versus open office

i recently made the switch from open office to libre office. i can say libre is faster and supports a lot more microsoft standards. a big improvement if you ask me.

Easy Rhino, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Mr McC Win User

open office or libre office

In the absence of significant differences, use the alternative that is truly open: libre office.

Mr McC, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to add JRE 64 Bit for Libre office without success - Similar Threads - Trying add JRE

2. Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit: I am having issues with uninstalling Microsoft 365 64 bit and installing a 32 bit so I can download the Visio program 32 bit. When I go to uniinstall anything related to office, it comes up with "please wait until current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" Any...
  3. Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing 32 bit Microsoft office instead of 64 bit: I am having issues with uninstalling Microsoft 365 64 bit and installing a 32 bit so I can download the Visio program 32 bit. When I go to uniinstall anything related to office, it comes up with "please wait until current program is finished uninstalling or being changed" Any...
  4. Failed downloads of Libre Office

in Windows 10 Customization
    Failed downloads of Libre Office: Acquired a Samsung/windows computer. Updated to Windows 10 Unable to download Libre Office either from Libre site or mirror site. Why or what is preventing this? Is it a setting or need a work around?...
  5. Trying to add JRE 64 Bit for Libre office without success

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to add JRE 64 Bit for Libre office without success: Hello I'm at a loss with this. I recently had a HD failure which has required a new HD and a fresh install of W10. I lost the Windows office style extra that I had with the pc and don't seem able to re-install it so I got LibreOffice to allow me to compose letters etc. I...
  6. MS Office vs Libre Office

in Microsoft Office and 365
    MS Office vs Libre Office: Does anyone know if these two will play nice together on the same computer? Any conflicts? Can Libre be removed without affecting/damaging MS Office? 111634
  7. Office 32-bit vs Office 64-bit issue

Office 32-bit vs Office 64-bit issue: I've run in to a strange issue that I'm not finding a solution for. I have four employees who are working on spreadsheets. File A and File B track information from two different teams. File C pulls data from A and B, then displays it all together. The files are located in the...
  8. Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit)

Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit): hi guys, is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)? I hate reinstalling Office 2013 if the 2016 version is not good enough. Have to many rules that i have to recreate every time, also to many mails i need to redirect to the junk mail....
  9. Changing Office from 32 bit to 64 bit

Changing Office from 32 bit to 64 bit: I am running the 32 bit edition of Office 2016 Pro 32 on my PC which has a 64 bit processor. Do I have to purchase a new (64 bit) version of Office to take advantage of my 64 bit CPU? Thanks in advance to all who reply, Dan 101610
  10. office online or Libre office - which is better

office online or Libre office - which is better: My wife's W10 laptop has now closed its free time on word and requires her to purchase it. I'm wondering which of the free ones would be best for her. She only tends to write up her CV and some report work on an occasional basis. I've been wondering about Office on line or...