Windows 10: trying to add my son's account on my laptop under family and does not recognised the password

Discus and support trying to add my son's account on my laptop under family and does not recognised the password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to add my son under the family users on my laptop. I follow the steps Settings>accounts>family other users and when I enter his email, it is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RonnieRL, Sep 24, 2020.

1. RonnieRL Win User

trying to add my son's account on my laptop under family and does not recognised the password

I want to add my son under the family users on my laptop.

I follow the steps Settings>accounts>family other users and when I enter his email, it is asking for the Microsoft account password. I enter the password and is all good, then immediately is asking AGAIN for the Microsoft account password and when I enter the same password, it keeps telling me it is the wrong password !!!

I don't know what to do and is frustrating !!!

Why do I have to enter the password again and why it does not accept the password which I am sure is the correct one ??
    WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO ADD MY SON'S ACCOUNT ON MY LAPTOP ?

:)

RonnieRL, Sep 24, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

3. For some reason when signing in on a shared family laptop, my always and ever password was not recognised.

* Original title: Signing In

Please can somebody help, for some reason when signing in on a shared family laptop, my always and ever password was not recognised, I proceeded with great difficulty, I must add to change my password, now however when I enter the new, correct password,
    I receive nothing but a blank, black screen, it is not the laptop as my daughter is able to access her account. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time.

Mary

MaryConneely, Sep 24, 2020
  4. RedHeron Win User

trying to add my son's account on my laptop under family and does not recognised the password

How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

I'm also having issues with this.

There is NO OPTION to change the password, either in Windows 10 or in the family management area of the online account preferences. My son is disabled, and has issues with memory, but proudly remembered his password until recently, when he changed it. He's
    just turned 7 years old. Why am I not permitted to clearly manage the account?

When I go to Settings -> Account -> Family & Other People there are no options.

The Family Safety control panel does not exist on my computer.

The Microsoft account management feature connected to my son's email address (which we have set up with his school to manage schoolwork this year) does not have any obvious option to reset the password.

So... again, how do we do this?

RedHeron, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. trying to add my son's account on my laptop under family and does not recognised the password - Similar Threads - trying add son's

2. Cannot add money to my Son's family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add money to my Son's family account: I get the following error Teg8lgZR60GlYvXW.9.446 2024/02/23 - 13:48:30 UTC when trying to add money to my son's family account. How do I solve this?...
  3. Cannot add money to my Son's family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add money to my Son's family account: I get the following error Teg8lgZR60GlYvXW.9.446 2024/02/23 - 13:48:30 UTC when trying to add money to my son's family account. How do I solve this?...
  4. I Cannot add my son's account in Family Safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Cannot add my son's account in Family Safety: I Cannot add my son's account in Family SafetyI receive the following message: Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: W31ZEyomXEik0KBq.90.708Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....
  5. I Cannot add my son's account in Family Safety

I Cannot add my son's account in Family Safety: I Cannot add my son's account in Family SafetyI receive the following message: Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: W31ZEyomXEik0KBq.90.708Any help would be appreciated. Thanks....
  6. I cannot add my son in my Family Microsoft

I cannot add my son in my Family Microsoft: An error message appears when I attempt to add my child to my Microsoft Family Account as a member: "Something has gone wrong. It is us, not you"Microsoft support chat could not help and asked me to join this community chat instead for help.Can someone please tell me how to...
  7. Can't add my son to my family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  8. Can't add my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't add my son to my family group: Hello,A while back I had setup an outlook account for my 8 year son that has Xbox connected to it. However, now I'd like to add him to my family group for screen time, etc but keep getting the notice that he's part of another group. I then logged into his account via...
  9. Can't add my son to my family group

10. Unable to add my son to my family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to add my son to my family: I have a family set up with both my sons on however my eldest son has created a new account. i have tried to add this account to the family, it allows me to send the invitation and he accepts it but then gets an error message to say something went wrong, try refreshing the...