Windows 10: Trying To Add Two Children

Discus and support Trying To Add Two Children in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have now spent hours trying to add my two children to a family account. I have setup Microsoft accounts for them and get all the way through the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mom333, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Mom333 Win User

Trying To Add Two Children

I have now spent hours trying to add my two children to a family account. I have setup Microsoft accounts for them and get all the way through the process until I hit "Join" on the Join the Family screen and the below pops up. I have gone through the process countless times and am at a loss. Please help.

Sorry, something went wrong.
    We’re not sure what happened, but refreshing the page may help, or trying again in a little while.

:)

Mom333, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Hapuku Win User

adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Family Safety weekly report being CC'd to my children

Hi,

As the information of Family Safety Report are going to children by default, we would like you to do a refresh on the child account and see if the issue persists.

To remove/re-add a child account, please follow the steps below:

1. Sign in to Family Safety using the parent account.

2. Click Manage list of Family Members.

3. Select the child account, and then click Remove. Click Remove to confirm.

Please refer the below link on removal or turn off the family features:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family-features-remove-uninstall-faq

After troubleshooting, we would suggest you to add the children account. The reports will not be CC to children.

The below link will help you to add your children's account:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/monitor-child-device-activity

For more information on Family Safety Account on Windows 10, please refer to the below link:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

If the issue still persist, we would suggest to write back to us with the results for the above steps provided, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

RiyazurRehman, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Trying To Add Two Children

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Trying To Add Two Children

1. Trying To Add Two Children - Similar Threads - Trying Add Children

2. Add two security keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add two security keys: Hi! Is there a way to add Two or more security keys like YubiKeys to my account? I want register a second key and keep it in a safe location for peace of mind. I have visited account.live.com and user the security settings, I only see a way to add a single yubikey....
  3. Add two security keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add two security keys: Hi! Is there a way to add Two or more security keys like YubiKeys to my account? I want register a second key and keep it in a safe location for peace of mind. I have visited account.live.com and user the security settings, I only see a way to add a single yubikey....
  4. Cannot add children to family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add children to family: According to support, I should make an inquiry here with reference to this ticket 1049926024. Thanks for the help*Original title - Case 1049926024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-children-to-family/ec3d1f3c-94af-47a3-8559-e1a3b0831419
  5. Cannot add children to family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add children to family: According to support, I should make an inquiry here with reference to this ticket 1049926024. Thanks for the help*Original title - Case 1049926024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-children-to-family/ec3d1f3c-94af-47a3-8559-e1a3b0831419
  6. Cannot add children to family

7. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  8. help for children

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help for children: Hello,we are the Endowment Fund CHILDREN OF UKRAINE focused on the education and training of Ukrainian children under 17 in Ukrainian. In today's difficult situation, children and mothers come to us with only the most necessary things, so we try to help them with teaching....
  9. help for children

help for children: Hello,we are the Endowment Fund CHILDREN OF UKRAINE focused on the education and training of Ukrainian children under 17 in Ukrainian. In today's difficult situation, children and mothers come to us with only the most necessary things, so we try to help them with teaching....
  10. Children bypassing web filters use add account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Children bypassing web filters use add account: I have family safety setup with content restrictions and both a block and allow list for websites. The kids have found a way to bypass web restrictions and go to youtube using the add account. They don't do it while I am around, and I don't have more specifics. Has anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to add user account for a child who has no email address

2. when trying to add a child account we are sorry the page you requested cannot be found.