Windows 10: Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window.

Discus and support Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; This is the 2nd PC I've had do this. When I attempt to go and create a new user in Windows 10 Home, I get the lusrmgr window that tells me it's... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rwallinger, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window.

This is the 2nd PC I've had do this. When I attempt to go and create a new user in Windows 10 Home, I get the lusrmgr window that tells me it's unavailable in this version of windows. I get it, I'm not in Win 10 Pro, but I don't know how to get to the normal window to add a user.

Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window. [​IMG]

When I click on add someone else to this pc, this is what I get.

Here are the system specs.

Any help to get the right screen to show up would be greatly appreciated. The last PC like this I ended up reloading from scratch, which isn't that big of a deal. But I'd like to know the fix if this happens in the future.

Thanks
    Bob

:)

rwallinger, Dec 4, 2017

2. Windows 10 Pro - Can't add "Local Users and Groups" Snapin

Hi

Thanks for your response.

1) Yes, I tried launching lusrmgr via the Powershell, while running powershell as administrator. Lusrmgr dialog comes up but the middle pane has the error message "This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this
    computer, use the User Accounts tool in Control Panel"

2)Yes, but the "Local users and groups" is not present in the tree in the left pane. Trying to add the snapin via mmc.exe gives the same error message as listed in my answer to #1 above.

3) I purchased the upgrade through the Windows Store.

Thanks again. Hope this helps.

Jay

jdc_win7dev, Dec 4, 2017
  3. mrmbp Win User
    Help removing Administrator account

Hi. Thanks. I tried it, but in the lusrmgr window I get the message

"This snapin may not be used with this edition of Windows 10. To manage user accounts for this computer, use the User Accounts tool in Control Panel."

Which I have already tried, of course.

No user accounts appear in the window.

mrmbp, Dec 4, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window.

philc43, Dec 5, 2017
  5. That worked! I didn't try this, because the last time I did, it didn't work. My bad. Thanks for the assistance!

Bob

rwallinger, Dec 5, 2017
  6. philc43 Win User
    You're welcome! Glad it worked.

philc43, Dec 5, 2017
  7. Daniel R Win User
    Had the same issue as Bob -- It worked after 3 failed alternative fixes from other forums, thanks much phil43 *Smile

Daniel R, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window.

1. Trying to add user in Windows 10 Home and get lusrmgr window. - Similar Threads - Trying add user

2. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I have a problem with my laptop where whenever I click "Add Someone else To this PC," It opens another window called "lusrmgr [Local Users And Groups Local]"The window shows 2 folders, Users and Groups.Because of this, I am unable to add a second user to this laptop.I've...
  3. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I've experienced this issue for quite a long while now, and I can't seem to find the fix for this.I am using a HP laptop with windows 10.1: Once opening settings, I go to Accounts> Other Users> Add Someone else To this PC, And I see this:I've tried various ways to fix this...
  4. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr: I've experienced this issue for quite a long while now, and I can't seem to find the fix for this.I am using a HP laptop with windows 10.1: Once opening settings, I go to Accounts> Other Users> Add Someone else To this PC, And I see this:I've tried various ways to fix this...
  5. Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr to C:\users ?

Usernames not corresponding from lusrmgr to C:\users ?: How the USERNAME: lusrmgr , c:\users [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usernames-not-corresponding-from-lusrmgr-to-cusers/2ddc8b98-1bf1-4314-acac-9d37feaa47e4
  6. Cannot Add Another User--Windows 10 Home

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Add Another User--Windows 10 Home: Windows 10 Home, updated to latest update. I want to set up a separate administrator account and change my own account to a standard user account. I go through Settings/Accounts/Family & other users/add someone else to this PC/I don't have this person's login...
  7. Missing lusrmgr

Missing lusrmgr: [ATTACH]I cant download xbox games to my pc bc of error 0x00000001 error. Also i cant download gaming services from store. My account seems administrator but i cant see it on lusrmgr. I tried to add from mmc.exe but sytem doesnt let me do it as you can see. How can I solve...
  8. how to remove lusrmgr from Windows 10 home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to remove lusrmgr from Windows 10 home: Hello I am trying to add my MS account especially my child's restricted permissions account and every time I try I get the snapin error. Can I remove it? if so how, why can we use the standard MS user functionality that all other PCs have?? Please some one HELP. thank...
  9. WINDOWS 10 HOME "S" WILL NOT CONVERT WINDOWS 10 HOME, TRIED EVERYTHING, "GET" TAB WILL NOT...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WINDOWS 10 HOME "S" WILL NOT CONVERT WINDOWS 10 HOME, TRIED EVERYTHING, "GET" TAB WILL NOT...: My son just purchased a "NEW" HP Envy that came with Windows 10 Home "S". Dispite our best efforts thru videos and calling computer repair services, we can only get to the transition page and hit the "GET" button but it will not show "INSTALL" to switch over from "S" mode to...
  10. "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    "Add someone else to this PC" starts lusrmgr (Local users and groups..: Pure despair speaking here: Win 10 Home on donated HP AiO. No password for MS account (anonymous donor!). Obviously a legal upgrade to Win 10 Home from 7. Short description of the problem: 1. Used Peter Nordahl's Password Reset Tool to activate built-in Administrator account....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lusrmgr windows 10 home

2. windows 10 add new users shows lusmgr

3. windows 10 add someone else to this pc opens lusrmgr and not window

4. add with lusrmgr,
  5. windows 10 add users lusrmgr,
  6. fix lusrmgr windows 10 home,
  7. add another user open lusrmgr,
  8. windows 10 add user opens lusrmgr,
  9. trying to add user in windows 10 home and get lusrmgr,
  10. use lusrmgr windows 10 home,
  11. when click for new user lusrmgr open,