Windows 10: Trying to auto logon to Windows 10

Discus and support Trying to auto logon to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been able to do this successfully before. I am Trying to auto logon to Windows 10. Logon itself seems to work okay when I reboot. When it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wp51dos, Mar 11, 2020.

1. wp51dos Win User

Trying to auto logon to Windows 10

I have been able to do this successfully before. I am Trying to auto logon to Windows 10.

Logon itself seems to work okay when I reboot. When it resumes from sleep, no go.

I have tried everything that I know including screensaver power options , and first checking the box require password, and then rebooting and then requiring password no And I went through the usual steps. I supply the correct username and password.

Still no go.

I have searched this formum, googled it, and check the few textbooks I have in this my friends. Still no go.

Suggestions please

:)

wp51dos, Mar 11, 2020
  2. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Trying to auto logon to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Trying auto logon

2. Auto display logon at boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto display logon at boot: I have a couple of computers. One has Windows 11 Pro and at boot up when the system is ready it automatically displays the login screen. You know it is all set to go. I also have Windows 11 Home and Windows 10. These systems do not automatically display the login. The screen...
  3. Auto display logon at boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto display logon at boot: I have a couple of computers. One has Windows 11 Pro and at boot up when the system is ready it automatically displays the login screen. You know it is all set to go. I also have Windows 11 Home and Windows 10. These systems do not automatically display the login. The screen...
  4. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2: Does anyone know why the User Accounts window wouldn't have the check box that is supposed to appear above the "Users for this computer:" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-logon-with-controluserpasswords2/2e01c503-7ea6-4dfd-8024-01f968b83e8b
  5. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2: Does anyone know why the User Accounts window wouldn't have the check box that is supposed to appear above the "Users for this computer:" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-auto-logon-with-controluserpasswords2/2e01c503-7ea6-4dfd-8024-01f968b83e8b
  6. Windows 10 Auto Logon with Controluserpasswords2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Auto Logon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Logon: I have been using Auto Logon on my home PC for years. In the past I used netplwiz to set it up. I recently reloaded my computer OS due to ongoing Blue Screen issues. I use Microsoft's create media tool to create a bootable thumb drive and installed from there. Went to...
  8. Avoiding Auto-logon at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Avoiding Auto-logon at startup: I have the latest W10 edition/update and now find that I must use my password to open up my laptop. Luckily I still knew it so I was able to log on; but I want to remove this step. What happens at power up is that the laptop sits with a picture screen and says that the...
  9. Auto logon to virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Auto logon to virtual machine: I have three people using the same PC, each with their own logon. Two of those people are not the brightest bulbs in the chandelier and are likely to click on any link anywhere. They only use the PC for browsing and browser-based emails so don't need to keep anything between...
  10. no auto logon or sleep setting.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    no auto logon or sleep setting.: running new HP 23 all-in-one win 8.1. took 6 tries to upgrade to win 10. always locked up on preparing for installation. after running w10 I set to logon auto without password and set sleep to 20 min. then restarted, it asked for password and it was incorrect. hit ok and two...