Windows 10: Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?

Discus and support Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am currently trying to burn some songs onto an empty CD, but none of the methods I have tried have worked and I keep getting the two error messages.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Riley x, May 24, 2023.

1. Riley x Win User

Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?

I am currently trying to burn some songs onto an empty CD, but none of the methods I have tried have worked and I keep getting the two error messages. “D:\ The directory name is invalid” and “Windows media player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the current tast to finish. If necessary, verify that the burner is connected properly and that you have installed the latest device driver”. I have disabled and reenabled the disk, I have restarted my computer, I have tried several different empty disks, I’ve tried using both itunes and windows media player to burn the disk, Ive

:)

Riley x, May 24, 2023

2. Cannot burn songs to CD inserted already on to computer Error: insert a blank cd

Hi

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details.

• Are you trying to Burn Music on to the DVD inserted?

• “Only 5 songs on the cd” is it a Read/ Write disk or a Normal disk (copy write CD)?

Let me inform you, if you have a Normal disk with 5songs burnt and saved you will not be able to Burn the new songs again. Until and unless the disk inserted is a Read/ Write CD.

Put an empty disk in the drive open my computer and double click on the CD inserted. And check for the status of the CD, if its CD/DVD-RW drive, if any files appear in explorer greyed out then delete them by clicking "Delete these temporary files".

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1: if you are trying to copy the songs to CD, follow the below steps.

If the CD is copy right protected. You will not be able to copy songs to the computer if the CD is copy right protected.

Also try to clear the burn list if any old list of songs available and try to copy again and see if it helps.

Method 2: Windows media player settings troubleshooter

Also try the Windows media player settings troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
          Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting
          and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Windows media player settings
          and follow the prompts.

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Redirecting

Hope this helps. If the issue persists, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Vidyashree_C, May 24, 2023
  3. MDLady45 Win User
    Trying to burn a CD using Windows Media Player

Hello,

I am trying to burn a music CD from Windows Media Player. I verified that I am using the current version. When I click on burn, I get an error message saying "Windows Media cannot burn some of the files. To investigate the problem, click the icon next to
    the files in the burn list."

There is no icon next to the music file. I have clicked on each file and do not see an icon. I purchased all my music from Amazon and it is downloaded in my computer.

I have previously burned a music CD with no problem using other songs, so I know it has something to do with the songs on this list. My question is, how can I determine what song is getting me the error message?

MDLady45, May 24, 2023
  4. Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?

no song titles on burned cd

HI Jaja,

Are you burning your discs as data or music discs? If you burn it as a music disc, you will get no song title but you will be able to play the music in any CD player. If you burn it as a data disc (and the songs are in *.mp3 format) you will get the song titles burned on the disc as well. The only problem with that is that the cd will only play in players that will play the *.mp3 format.

Hope that helps!
    Snarks*Cool

SnarkyTwit, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?

1. Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message? - Similar Threads - Trying burn few

2. Trying to burn a CD but keep getting an error pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to burn a CD but keep getting an error pop up: I’ve been trying to burn a CD on my computer for 2 days now and it keeps having the same issues so I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’ve done it before about a year and a half ago with no issues, not sure if I accidentally changed some settings or what not but I’m just trying to...
  3. Trying to burn a CD but keep getting an error pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to burn a CD but keep getting an error pop up: I’ve been trying to burn a CD on my computer for 2 days now and it keeps having the same issues so I’m not sure what’s wrong. I’ve done it before about a year and a half ago with no issues, not sure if I accidentally changed some settings or what not but I’m just trying to...
  4. Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?: I am currently trying to burn some songs onto an empty CD, but none of the methods I have tried have worked and I keep getting the two error messages. “D:\ The directory name is invalid” and “Windows media player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  5. Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?

Trying to burn a CD with a few songs but keep getting the same error message?: I am currently trying to burn some songs onto an empty CD, but none of the methods I have tried have worked and I keep getting the two error messages. “D:\ The directory name is invalid” and “Windows media player cannot burn the files. If the burner is busy, wait for the...
  6. Error message while trying to burn an audio cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message while trying to burn an audio cd: I was trying to burn an audio cd and while it was doing so I received an error that some tracks couldn't be burned?. and I have read other helps but am a novice and can't seem to find the way to fix or troubleshoot it. And now when I try to get my cd out and close the media...
  7. error burning cd

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error burning cd: media player say cd burn is complete but the cd is still blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-burning-cd/8dc26dc8-cbbe-4a32-8a68-185ba5104352
  8. Burn CD error

Burn CD error: I have mp3's on my computer that I want to burn to cd's. When I try to burn some of the files media player says Error:Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files If I click o.k. and then burn files again it works, so why am I getting this error sometimes and not when...
  9. Burning songs in to CD using windows media player

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Burning songs in to CD using windows media player: Hello, I did the " burning" in to CD at yesterday at first time my newly bought Laptop. But ,when I try to burn 2nd CD, it burns up to 99% and pop up a massage in a small window saying as attached. Please help us to solve this problem.[ATTACH]...
  10. no song titles on burned cd

in Windows 10 Support
    no song titles on burned cd: win 10 when i use win media play can not burn cd and get song titles, only track numbers 76387