Windows 10: Trying to capture Windows OS versions

Discus and support Trying to capture Windows OS versions in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking to create a report showing the OS each workstation is running (Windows 7 or 10). All it needs to show is username, workstation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #ScottF16, Nov 20, 2019.

1. #ScottF16 Win User

Trying to capture Windows OS versions

Hello,

I am looking to create a report showing the OS each workstation is running (Windows 7 or 10). All it needs to show is username, workstation name and operating system.

Is there any easy way to grab this information?

Thanks,

Scott

:)

#ScottF16, Nov 20, 2019
  2. little cat, Nov 20, 2019
  3. windows 10 snippit capture

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing screen captures obtained from snipping tool. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if the issue is confined to any specific capture that you have obtained?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 20, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Trying to capture Windows OS versions - Similar Threads - Trying capture versions

2. Unsupported OS Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unsupported OS Version: I'm currently trying to build a driver on Visual Studio Community 2022, Windows SDK Version 10.0.22621.0Whenever I try to build I get the following error - 'Windows7' is not a supported OS VersionI find this strange because I'm on Windows 11.I'm not too knowledgeable about...
  3. Capturing Windows OS license information

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Capturing Windows OS license information: Hello.Currently I'm supporting a client that uses different OS activation methods. In one Operating Company they use AD activation which seems to be problematic from the reporting standpoint as the usual way of capturing the license information from enduser machines seems to...
  4. Capturing Windows OS license information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capturing Windows OS license information: Hello.Currently I'm supporting a client that uses different OS activation methods. In one Operating Company they use AD activation which seems to be problematic from the reporting standpoint as the usual way of capturing the license information from enduser machines seems to...
  5. Capturing Windows OS license information

6. Windows 10 os version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 os version: How to upgrade my windows 10 os version 19044 to latest windows 10 os version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-os-version/1b9d90c2-b892-492c-b2f9-ab71b0bf4608
  7. Windows 10 os version

Windows 10 os version: How to upgrade my windows 10 os version 19044 to latest windows 10 os version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-os-version/1b9d90c2-b892-492c-b2f9-ab71b0bf4608
  8. Windows 10 os version

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. OS version change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    OS version change: I have a licensed copy of Windows 10 Home Single Language. In re installation of OS I have installed Windows 10 Home by mistake. Now how to change my OS from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Home Single Language. Also how to activate my OS as I do not have a product key of my...
  10. Language and OS version

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Language and OS version: Hello, I have two questions: 1. I have a Lenovo Legion that came with a Win10 TR language package. I have been using windows since v1.1 and always in English. Now i am forced to use it in Turkish and i don't understand the terms. Is there a way to add English package into...