Windows 10: trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

Discus and support trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ostenchau, Jan 30, 2023.

1. ostenchau Win User

trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix?

:)

ostenchau, Jan 30, 2023
  2. kysg Win User

Forgot password....

No can't be changed, unless you can access the admin account in safemode.

you can also try ERD commander.

but that is in the case if the password is for OS

if its a bios password you would have to try to reset the bios by using a jumper.
    Or getting a master password from the manufacturer

3. Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

The new password is definitely allowed and saved - all my other devices connect with no problem every time I change wifi passwords (There are 2 desktops, 1 laptop and 2 other phones using my wifi). It's just this Lumia 520 which doesn't connect.
    Or am I missing something?

Black Panther, Jan 30, 2023
  4. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

Phone won't connect if I change wifi password

This post states that you did'nt Apply the router config after changing the password.

Possible the router memory is bad or not saving new setting
    Change the password reboot the router , check after in router if new password saved
    If not, reset router to factory default and re setup
    check if setting saved after reboot

If do change router password the network will need to be deleted off phone and connect again (or it trying to connect to old saved wifi password ) or could manually change it on phone and save ( as others have stated )

home network
    Wlan
    Configure

Change password and apply , Make sure "Allow new Devices - set to -new stations are allowed (automatically) "

Using same router myself , Free from ISP not the greatest at all *Wink trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password ;)

SnakeDoctor, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

1. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password - Similar Threads - trying change device

2. Password changed on a different device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password changed on a different device: We have a computer that recently stopped allowing us to log in. For years we have used the pin to log in but today when we enter the pin it states that the password has been changed on a different device so we need to input the password. The problem is that there was not a...
  3. Password changed on a different device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password changed on a different device: We have a computer that recently stopped allowing us to log in. For years we have used the pin to log in but today when we enter the pin it states that the password has been changed on a different device so we need to input the password. The problem is that there was not a...
  4. Password changed on a different device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password: hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-device-password-changes-the/d95125e2-f0c0-4370-b6aa-b3199358fe2d
  6. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password: hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-device-password-changes-the/d95125e2-f0c0-4370-b6aa-b3199358fe2d
  7. Your password was changed on a different device.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Your password was changed on a different device.: Hello,One of our active directory user was notified as "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with PIN." on his computer's lock screen. I have checked the DC logs, but there was...
  8. Your password was changed on a different device.

Your password was changed on a different device.: Hello,One of our active directory user was notified as "Your password was changed on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password and then you can sign in with PIN." on his computer's lock screen. I have checked the DC logs, but there was...
  9. password changed on different device

in Windows 10 News
    password changed on different device: [ATTACH] Microsoft recommends users to set up a separate password for their device unless they are logging in using their Microsoft account. However, the leave the choice upon users whether they wish to set the password or not. In the later [...] This post Your password was...
  10. Your password was changed on a different device

in Windows 10 News
    Your password was changed on a different device: [ATTACH] Microsoft recommends users to set up a separate password for their device unless they are logging in using their Microsoft account. However, the leave the choice upon users whether they wish to set the password or not. In the later [...] This post Your password was...