Windows 10: Trying to change protected password

Discus and support Trying to change protected password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Tried net user in command prompt. Tried the normal ways, it's not connected with a Microsoft account. It's not changeable through regular settings. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpiritWolf1992, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Trying to change protected password

Tried net user in command prompt. Tried the normal ways, it's not connected with a Microsoft account. It's not changeable through regular settings. No chance through user accounts.

submitted by /u/SpiritWolf1992
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpiritWolf1992, Jun 6, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 8, 2020
  3. password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Trying to change protected password

forgot then changed Microsoft account password

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Try disconnecting the cable from the Internet:
      • If there is a Wi-Fi icon on the sign-in screen, click it and go to Airplane mode.
      • If there is a wired connection, disconnect the wire.
      • If sign-in is successful, let us know in the comments!
      • Also, we can then change to a local account, restart, and re-connect to the MSA.
      • If this works, please let us know!
    2. Try sign-in on another device (phone or PC) via the
    https://account.microsoft.com
    page.

• If the sign-in is unsuccessful, stop and handle it like any other password issue.
    • If sign-in is successful there, don’t try resetting/changing the password, continue to the next step.
    3. Try using the On-Screen Keyboard to sign in on the PC.

4. If that fails, make sure the PC is connected to the Internet (the connection icon should be visible in the lower right).

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Trying to change protected password

1. Trying to change protected password - Similar Threads - Trying change protected

2. Trying To Password Protect Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying To Password Protect Folders: My LaptopEdition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2022 OS build 22623.1250 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 I've recently needed to start password protecting folders that I keep on my laptop. Very long excruciating story After...
  3. Trying To Password Protect Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying To Password Protect Folders: My LaptopEdition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎5/‎17/‎2022 OS build 22623.1250 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22639.1000.0 I've recently needed to start password protecting folders that I keep on my laptop. Very long excruciating story After...
  4. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password: hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-device-password-changes-the/d95125e2-f0c0-4370-b6aa-b3199358fe2d
  5. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password: hi, i want to change my password but it just changes my account password and not my device one does anyone know how to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-change-device-password-changes-the/d95125e2-f0c0-4370-b6aa-b3199358fe2d
  6. trying to change device password changes the account password not the device password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. password protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password protection: do two factor authentication https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protection/b5f30a01-dd96-4192-886a-d69737316363
  8. Password Protection

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Protection: To access my laptop I currently use a PIN or I can use my Microsoft password. I am about to let someone else have access to my laptop to install some things so for the near future I would like to have a password that only opens my laptop and is not my microsoft password....
  9. password protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password protection: How do I set passwords for specific folders or individual files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protection/104dd3dc-c77b-4026-a315-9771cdc10249"
  10. Password Protection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Password Protection: I am looking for a solution or something built into windows that will produce & protect my password. these days we seem to need password for so many sites & devices. It would be nice to have something that you can load all your login details into then each time you go to...