Windows 10: Trying to change settings, but won't let me.(My screen is auto-dimming even after turning...

Discus and support Trying to change settings, but won't let me.(My screen is auto-dimming even after turning... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/beastboy69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkri05/trying_to_change_settings_but_wont_let_memy/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/beastboy69, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Trying to change settings, but won't let me.(My screen is auto-dimming even after turning...

/u/beastboy69, Jul 3, 2020

2. Windows won't let me change any settings

My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right back in and I am back on the previous setting. I have even run as admin. and this happens. I am not very computer savvy but can follow instructions

BILLniners, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Only auto turn of Screen without dimming

Hello,

right now I have windows set up windows in such a way that it turns off the screen after one minute of inactivity. But just before the minute is over, it dims the screen before, and then turns it off. How can I change this so that it ONLY turns off the screen
    after one minute without the dimming?

Thanks

JulianZeppelin, Jul 3, 2020
  4. mosssider Win User

Trying to change settings, but won't let me.(My screen is auto-dimming even after turning...

Screen Auto Dimming Windows 10

I'm at my wits end. A windows feature update has turned screen dimming back on and I cannot turn it off.

No settings change will turn it off.

Last time this happened, after many, many hours of trying the suggestions in this forum without success, I found a reply from someone who gave a registry change to fix the maximum brightness. Which was the only thing that worked.

I can't find what it is. Does anyone know? I have bad sight and I can barely use my machine in this state.

mosssider, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Trying to change settings, but won't let me.(My screen is auto-dimming even after turning...

1. Trying to change settings, but won't let me.(My screen is auto-dimming even after turning... - Similar Threads - Trying change settings

2. Windows won't let me delete Windows.old even after changing ownership to me.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't let me delete Windows.old even after changing ownership to me.: Hi!! I'm trying to delete the Windows.old folder and I've tried like 5 times already and for some reason it won't let me. I'm following this guide but now it says that I have to give myself permission to delete that folder. It's maddening lol. I know the folder will delete...
  3. WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WinDefend won't let me turn on as setting by saying "This setting is managed by my...: I can't turn on the option "Check apps and Files" in Reputation-based protection. It says "This setting is managed by my administrator". However there is only one user on my laptop and that's me and I'm the administrator. What do I do? I recently had a malware on my...
  4. I'm trying to change my background and it won't let me change the layout?

I'm trying to change my background and it won't let me change the layout?: When you change your background picture, you get the options fill, fit, stretch, tile, center, and span. The picture is off center and oddly cropped right now, but no matter which setting I select it doesn't change. I could have sworn there was a save button there before (I...
  5. after update screen dimming even when settings are set

after update screen dimming even when settings are set: I tried going into power settings and there is no setting to turn the dimming off... I am not sure whats going on and its getting really frustrating. I am using bitsum highest performance powerplan and everything is turned to "never"... When I go into advanced power options...
  6. My Bluetooth won't let me turn it on

My Bluetooth won't let me turn it on: My Intel Wireless Bluetooth says there is a driver error and I have already searched for new ones and it says it is up to date. I have tried uninstalling and restarting and that didn't work. The device status says that it cannot start(code 10). I have no idea what to do now...
  7. my screen keep auto dimming?????

in Windows 10 Customization
    my screen keep auto dimming?????: in 2020 why dose my screen keep auto dimming????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-keep-auto-dimming/7f1f68ea-db58-4617-b6d0-439ffad194e6
  8. Auto dim screen?

Auto dim screen?: So at night my screen feels very bright and ya know, more blue light = less sleepy or harder to sleep when I go to bed. I use flu.x (makes your screen warmer colours) and dark reader (night mode for chrome) to help but is there a way I can make my screen brightness actually...
  9. Only auto turn of Screen without dimming

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only auto turn of Screen without dimming: Hello, right now I have windows set up windows in such a way that it turns off the screen after one minute of inactivity. But just before the minute is over, it dims the screen before, and then turns it off. How can I change this so that it ONLY turns off the screen after...
  10. Windows won't let me change any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows won't let me change any settings: My MMOs won't load, causing auto reboots. In attempting to fix problem (still an issue) the fixes required modifying various settings. Windows won't let me change any settings. I navigate, click on the setting I want, click "ok" or "apply" and leave the screen. I can go right...