Windows 10: Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please

Discus and support Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have followed multiple guides to try and change my startup sound. I have even edited my registry. I changed both values to 0 on windows log on log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FluffyJohnson, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please

I have followed multiple guides to try and change my startup sound. I have even edited my registry. I changed both values to 0 on windows log on log off sounds and nothing has changed the menu option did not show up inside the sounds configuration. Looked all over for information haven't found ANYTHING on what to do if this is the case. If I'm missing something please help. I have a custom sound that I used to play from windows 3.11 all the way up to this current version and now I can't.

Thanks

:)

FluffyJohnson, Jun 23, 2020

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 23, 2020
  3. How to change Windows starting sound in Win7?

Right click on your desktop then from the list choose Personalise and this window should open.

Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please 12345.jpg

If you look at the bottom of my pic you should see the windows sounds option, I have put a red circle round this in the pic.

Click on sounds and another box will load and here you should have the option to change the startup sound.

Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please 123.jpg

You can choose you own sound by using the browse button.

You can also use the dropdown list to set a windows sound and this should not effect any other sounds as far as i remember.

animal007uk, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please

Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

Hello:

Your reply only refers to enabling the "Play Windows Startup sound," and the question asked was:

Changing the Startup sound of Windows 10

How do you change the "Play Windows Startup sound? I can't seem to find the solution and I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank You,

Eric

Eric_Bernstein, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please

1. Trying to Change Windows startup sound read Whole question please - Similar Threads - Trying Change startup

2. Chrome or edge freezes after some time in windows 11.PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION BEFORE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome or edge freezes after some time in windows 11.PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION BEFORE...: Windows 11,This is getting seriously annoying please help me out.My chrome or edge just freezes after sometime and its not the processor not memory issue I have 1 tb ssd and 16 gb ram with 3060 graphics . REST COMPUTER WORKS COMPLETELY FINE not hanging or having any issues...
  3. Chrome or edge freezes after some time in windows 11.PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION BEFORE...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome or edge freezes after some time in windows 11.PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION BEFORE...: Windows 11,This is getting seriously annoying please help me out.My chrome or edge just freezes after sometime and its not the processor not memory issue I have 1 tb ssd and 16 gb ram with 3060 graphics . REST COMPUTER WORKS COMPLETELY FINE not hanging or having any issues...
  4. Change the Windows startup sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the Windows startup sound: Hello,I just got a new laptop with Windows 11. While trying to personalize it, I keep running into a roadblock. One of the things I have always been able to do is to change the sound that plays when Windows starts. I cannot get that to happen with Windows 11. Under the sound...
  5. Change the Windows startup sound

Change the Windows startup sound: Hello,I just got a new laptop with Windows 11. While trying to personalize it, I keep running into a roadblock. One of the things I have always been able to do is to change the sound that plays when Windows starts. I cannot get that to happen with Windows 11. Under the sound...
  6. How can I schedule a full scan, and please actually read the whole question.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I schedule a full scan, and please actually read the whole question.: I am trying to schedule a full scan out of Windows Defender. I have found an article that claims to have an answer, it's below, but screen looks different. The answer is telling me to go into an existing task, but there isn't one. It's blank. There are no pre-existing tasks...
  7. How can I schedule a full scan, and please actually read the whole question.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I schedule a full scan, and please actually read the whole question.: I am trying to schedule a full scan out of Windows Defender. I have found an article that claims to have an answer, it's below, but screen looks different. The answer is telling me to go into an existing task, but there isn't one. It's blank. There are no pre-existing tasks...
  8. How can I schedule a full scan, and please actually read the whole question.

9. dxdiag wont recognize all my ram i put in please read the whole question

in Windows 10 Customization
    dxdiag wont recognize all my ram i put in please read the whole question: ok i had 16 gb of RAM i added another 16 gb, in my bios is says i have 32 gb and in system information good but dxdiag only sees 16 gb and i herd the dxdiag is the real deal. my motherboard is comparable with up to 32 gbs. there both the same speed. i have a asus fx505dv....
  10. Changing Startup Sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Startup Sound: I have navigated myself to the System32 file and found the imageres.dll however, when i open the copied file in resourcehacker, the file doesnt show me the expanded version such as the wave. how can i allow this to be modified?...